Delivered by 7pm?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by laffter, Jan 10, 2015.

1. laffter

laffter Active Member

I was comparing shipping prices between the "big three" for a package I needed to send. I noticed on UPS's website that this Ground delivery was guaranteed by 7pm? I'm pretty sure a good chunk of drivers around the country are out way past 7pm year-round. Why are they guaranteeing a delivery time for Ground, or am I misunderstanding something?

2. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

There are no commit times for residential ground package unless someone pays extra for a specific delivery time frame. There is a 5 pm commit for business if they are closed when you deliver after 5.

3. laffter

laffter Active Member

You know what- I just went back there again to take a screenshot of what I was looking at, and upon closer inspection, I'm just an idiot.

The information there is formatted in a way that made me misinterpret what it was referencing.

Silly me. Let's just pretend this never happened.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

You must be new to the internet.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. azupser

azupser New Member

You shouldn't be comparing prices! You know who to ship with . What were you thinking!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

Shipped three packages today. All with USPS. Can't beat their rates for small boxes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. platinum9898

platinum9898 Active Member

You get what you pay for all I'm saying

8. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

It's 7pm somewhere.

9. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

A small shipper was talking about rates Friday. He said that if he fails to enter the dimensions, it is a $15 charge. He is also finding that for many of the things he ships, the rates have doubled compared to last year.

Dimensional shipping may cost us a lot of small shippers.

10. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

I deliver what's in my truck. People above me are responsible for what's in my truck.

11. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

My son relocated to Iowa to start his new career. He had left behind a few personal items which he asked me to send to him. I went to ups.com and was quoted $16 for the 2 lb box. I then went to usps.com and was quoted $8 for the same box. I chose the Post Office and somehow they were able to get it there on time and in the same condition that I sent it.

12. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

It's not his fault. Kardashian broke the interwebs.

13. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

14. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Post office for the win? Just to see the mailman get worked up he has to deliver a package? :)

15. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Deplorable.

That's probably what UPS wants.

16. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

All of the major carriers other than the Post Office have begun charging based on dimensional costs and, yes, we will lose a lot of mom and pop shippers as a result.

17. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

If you went through UPSers, and got the shipping discount, and it only cost $10, would that have changed who you shipped with.

18. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

My last 10 or so deliveries have said out for delivery by 8pm. Fedex and ups. It's something to make the customer feel better.

19. I wish you didn't have to make an account to use the discount. Would rather just give it to the clerk at work and send it out.

20. sailfish

sailfish Having way too much fun.

I may be wrong but I think our discount is only 5%.