Delivery place question - home deliveries

• Thread starter Questioning Customer
  • Start date

browniehound

In our hub some routes have very high stop counts (190 to 220) little or no pick ups residential deliveries so tight together that drivers call'em paper routes they say if package lands anywhere on the property its considered delivered. lol

Dave, you think next time you could use periods and commas? It makes it much easier for the reader.

old levi's

blank space
Drivers are creatures of habit, so it sounds like you now have a different driver for whatever reason. Leave a note in the spot where he leaves the package; draw a smiley face on it . We love that stuff.

worldwide

Up until recently our UPS delivery person always left things on our porch, which is not in full view of the street or in a theft-prone area. For the past few months now our packages are being left inside the garage by the screen door coming into the house.

Is this standard practice? I rarely ever see the guy, so I haven't asked his reasons for doing so. I'd think it would open the company up to liability if anything went missing from someone's garage, but maybe there's more to it than I know.

Comments?

Thanks!
Sandi

Sandi,

UPS MY CHOICE

It's free to join and you will know when every UPS package is going to be delivered. There are also premium options that allow you to designate exactly where you want your packages left.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

all you have to do is put where you want it left under your address or in the message box when you order from the shipper

There is nothing more annoying than a note on the box telling me where to leave it. I have one customer who puts the same note on every package she gets--"Please leave at back door". Lady, we get it--you want your stuff left at the back door. I had one yesterday where the same note was both handwritten and part of the address (and highlighted) asking me to put the package between their doors. We are not in 2nd grade--let us do our jobs.