Democrats are so Republican they are vetoing $15 minimum wage

rickyb

clinton passed NAFTA, clinton deregulated the banks which was responsible for the financial crash, obama tried to pass TPP

wkmac

clinton passed NAFTA, clinton deregulated the banks which was responsible for the financial crash, obama tried to pass TPP

Careful @rickyb as you'll have the Democrat tribe hating on you for daring to speak truth. I find that if you can get both the donkey and elephant tribe hating on you, you've probably found the sweet spot. Tip of the cap for calling it for what it is. Dems are going to "friend" over their supporters just like republicans have done to theirs. And the the brain dead chorus will yap at you all day long when you dare to point out there is no real difference between the 2.

rickyb

Careful @rickyb as you'll have the Democrat tribe hating on you for daring to speak truth. I find that if you can get both the donkey and elephant tribe hating on you, you've probably found the sweet spot. Tip of the cap for calling it for what it is. Dems are going to "friend" over their supporters just like republicans have done to theirs. And the the brain dead chorus will yap at you all day long when you dare to point out there is no real difference between the 2.
thats good because im a glutton for punishment

BrownArmy

Just curious. Is there any Republicans for a $15 min wage?

It's not who's for what, it's who's for what we can get away with and still get elected.

Witness Republicans voting for idiot ideas (municipalities can't initiate govt savings plans, etc, wtf?) that run against their supposed nature.

Democrats do the same thing. The hypocrisy everywhere is maddening.

How will we populate the stars at this rate?

MAKAVELI

It's not who's for what, it's who's for what we can get away with and still get elected.

Witness Republicans voting for idiot ideas (municipalities can't initiate govt savings plans, etc, wtf?) that run against their supposed nature.

Democrats do the same thing. The hypocrisy everywhere is maddening.

How will we populate the stars at this rate?
I only asked that because I can't find 1. The fact is the overwhelmingly majority of democrats are for an increase in min wage and vice versa for the republicans.

BrownArmy

Both. But I'm not so blind that I can't see how politics can keep it from happening.

I just meant that even though citizens have certain ideas, even if those ideas are held by a plurality, that doesn't translate at all to what the elected legislators actually do.

Citizens United was a kick right in the nuts of Democracy.

$ is free speech, my :censored2:.

If $ is free speech, then the Koch brothers etc. have voices like GODS while the rest of us whimper with our nickle and dime contributions.

MAKAVELI

I just meant that even though citizens have certain ideas, even if those ideas are held by a plurality, that doesn't translate at all to what the elected legislators actually do.

Citizens United was a kick right in the nuts of Democracy.

$ is free speech, my :censored2:.

If $ is free speech, then the Koch brothers etc. have voices like GODS while the rest of us whimper with our nickle and dime contributions.
True DAT brotha. But the Internet and social media has definitely made an impact to make it not so lopsided. Personally I think the best is yet to come.