diad 5 hand straps keep unhooking

tadpole

I hate the handstraps on the Diad 5s. The metal hook keeps getting unhooked because the straps are too loose. The Velcro strips are in the wrong position to get the straps tight. Is this a problem for anybody else?

After hooking and rebooking the strap for hours, I just pulled and broke the other end of the strap off. I've had to do this several times but somebody seems to put new ones back on. I'm a cover driver so I hate to mess with anyone else's stuff, but I have to do something. Maybe I'm being anal... I dunno. But I can't see anyone being upset to lose that stupid strap.

Z

ZQXC

Took off the strap and that ridiculous little stylus the first day I was given a diad 5.

UPSGUY72

Just ask the morning OMS clerk for a new one. The straps are elastic, that being they wear out. In order to change it you have to open the battery compartment and there is a pin you have to remove. Then you take old one out put new one in...

Atlantic Canadian Walker

Atlantic Canadian Walker
One needs the right tool for the job. Once used the velcro n went through 2 in one year. Now I have a stick hook thingy 1" wide x 3"long where the bottom of diad 5 clips to the bottom of the stick. It swings a little differently but wont come apart n can withstand a little abuse in extreme hot n cold weather without breaking as most plastics could in such conditions.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
The strap will keep unhooking, and even if you crimp the metal to keep it attached the strap gets stretched out and there isn't enough velcro length to adjust it tighter. It also used to get stuck in the diad pouch.

Bottom line, if it's your diad and you're not just a cover guy then cut your strap right off. It just gets in the way and slows you down. We didn't have straps on the old diads and we were fine.

As for the stylus-on-a-leash I like it. No more lost stylus for me and I don't have to touch everyone's hands handing it back and forth. I hand them the board with the stylus swingin' on the leash.