Diad 6

21Savage

If you swipe up and press the square button and swipe MDA closed, and open it again it only takes like 20 seconds to restart as opposed to pressing the physical power button and restting it that way which takes a couple minutes.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I was talking with old my Steward today and the building I retired from went to the DIAD6 today. In typical UPS fashion there was no training, and in the PCM the drivers were told it was " The Drivers job to Figure It Out" of course in even more typical UPS fashion messages were sent during the day warning of Discipline if a driver had missed pieces,no excuses. Gotta love it!

RMR46

The diad six number six is horrible but there's only one way to use it where It won't crash. Don't use the cradle I did it yesterday and a little bit the day before it was wonderful.

One day at a time

The diad six number six is horrible but there's only one way to use it where It won't crash. Don't use the cradle I did it yesterday and a little bit the day before it was wonderful.
Wonderfull????compared to what?an all day train wreck?an abscess tooth?a 12 year divorce?your dog dying?this turd is horrible and a disgrace.

JustDeliverIt

When we came back to the building tonight there were boxes of new diads outside the center office. Looks like the 6 is coming to our center soon. Was hoping to dodge that bullet a little longer.

Thebrownblob

When we came back to the building tonight there were boxes of new diads outside the center office. Looks like the 6 is coming to our center soon. Was hoping to dodge that bullet a little longer.
Sorry buddy, good luck. Ours is coming this summer at some point. So don’t feel too bad the misery will be shared by all eventually.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Pants pocket with screen facing out way better than the pouch.
It's a waste of time trying to walk and scan at the same time with this brick. Oh and have fun getting the "super fast" scanner to wake up for 2-3 seconds after the screen locks.

What about pickups? 4 times more button presses plus screen taps and not a single input get's queued like the old diad.

I think they designed clips for these. Might be worth a shot.

Hot Carl

Was delivering a package to a lady last week and the thing locked up as soon as I pressed the scan button where the laser wouldn't shut off and I immediately threw the thing out into the yard. Just handed over the package and said "You have a great day", and she had a good laugh while I fished the thing out of the grass to reboot it.

I have bricked two of these things now simply by rebooting them. As recently as two weeks ago I would have half my air just completely drop out of the board altogether at 10:00 and all the ground that went with it duplicated into multiple stops that all had to be individually recorded.

Residential air still constantly shows up with the wrong commit times, smart pickups can't be closed out manually anymore even if they've been dead for years, and whoever came up with the brilliant idea of having the default EDD view setting only show 4-5 stops at a time needs to be waterboarded with Sprite. Thank goodness you can change it to 20.

The only major improvements are that the scanner doesn't read the wrong barcodes and give you an error message anymore, and the cradles are significantly sturdier so we haven't had a plague of DIAD cradles being destroyed by runner gunners like we did with the old ones.

Commercial Inside Release

My complaints are that the side buttons in a terrible spot. Constantly, they get inadvertently pressed, just getting the thing out of the cradle, and through the bulkhead door.

Also, I don't really think a touch screen device is all that great for use in the field, at a physically active job. The screen may be great for a worker riding a comfortable office chair, though. Not so great, for shoving the diad in a pouch, side pocket, or even the hook. After you select the parcels, wrestle them out and onto the cart, through a businesses entrance, etc... Inevitably something on the screen gets tapped that you have to tap your way back out of before you can even scan anything. Sounds trivial, but it is crazy to have to do it 75-150 times per day, everyday.

Don't get me started about using the device in rain or heavy snow.