Diad creed!!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I didn't see it that way.I thought it was pretty funny.Just don't let you're dad see it.

Jonesy...that's harsh!
Whoever wrote it was just playing with words.Kinda like weird Al does to songs.
The diad/rifle connection is a nice metaphor for the perfect tool for the job.
It's a bit lame in spots,but all in all the OP shared some good humor.

DS,Marines are known for MANY things,but having a Sense of Humour aint one of them =)

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Apparently some sup has watched too much Full Metal Jacket. Yes, I know the Rifleman's Creed existed before the film, but $20 says that's where they picked it up.

I keep reading about people talking about DIAD's overheating in the rear of the truck. We have always been instructed to take it with us on all breaks and lunches. Don't see a reason to leave it behind. Now yes, some routes have multiple boards, but that's a horse of a different color.
If the board is going to overheat at 95degrees then maybe they should of thought about purchasing one that can withstand higher temps. It's like when they say treat it like your own laptop, by definition it shouldn't be used in our line of work if it can't withstand seasonal conditions. Kinda of like if it malfunctioned when it got wet, what are we suppose to do, not deliver when it's raining?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I can't wait to see Sobers retort to this.

If it is legit it was probably written by a supervisor who had watched "Full Metal Jacket" the night before and decided to try and inject a bit of humour into the workplace. It is inconceivable to me that whoever wrote this actually intended for it to be taken seriously.

iruhnman630

Add the Diad Creed to the KETR* questions.

*and no, I have no idea if that is how ketr is spelled or what the acronym means. I just know they are the ones who show up and drill us on all the neat little sayings we're supposed to know.

tourists24

We got ours yesterday..... Unbelievable. I kept mine just to have to remind myself that everytime I think they cant do anything that suprises me, they do. So stupid. It was not presented at our PCM as a joke

over9five

Staff member
Apparently some sup has watched too much Full Metal Jacket. Yes, I know the Rifleman's Creed existed before the film, but $20 says that's where they picked it up.

I keep reading about people talking about DIAD's overheating in the rear of the truck. We have always been instructed to take it with us on all breaks and lunches. Don't see a reason to leave it behind. Now yes, some routes have multiple boards, but that's a horse of a different color.
If you were instructed to do this, you get a paid lunch because you have not been "wholly released from duty".

Just sayin. If they want me to carry a DIAD during my lunch, they can pay me to do it. We get paid for "all time spent in service to the employer".

Catatonic

Nine Lives
PS. Whoever came up with the DIAD Creed needs drug testing.

This is what we pay people to do while the competition waltzes off with more of our volume.

I assumed when I saw this that it was done while drinking beer and watching a sports game.
I also assumed in was done "tongue in cheek" and probably without approval from Division Manager and certainly not District Manager.
Is still think it is pretty funny.

Big Babooba

This is my DIAD.
There are many like it, but this one is MINE.
My DIAD is my best friend. It is my life.
I must master it as I must master my life.
My DIAD without me is useless. Without my DIAD, I am useless.
I must scan the laser true.
I must scan better than my competition who is trying to take our packages.
I must scan every package to give the customer what they pay for.
My DIAD and myself know that what counts in service, is not the attempts we make to scan a package.
We know it is the physical scans of the packages that count. We will hit every package accurately.
My DIAD is human, even as I, because it is my life.
Thus, I will learn it as a brother.
I will learn its buttons, its procedures, its steps, its warnings, its proper use, and its scanner.
I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage.
I will keep my DIAD clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready.
we will become part of each other. we will.....
I swear the creed.
My DIAD and myself are the face of UPS.
We are the masters of our competition.
We are the saviors for our customers.

So be it, until there is no missing scans and misuse of a DIAD.
They gave us this load of crap at our pcm! Makes me wanna vomit!​

Goodnight Ladies.