Dick Cheney gets a heart transplant

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by rod, Mar 24, 2012.

1. rod

rod retired and happy

I hope to God he didn't get jumped ahead on the waiting list just because he was a VP

2. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

I hope to God that the new Obama care doesnt pick and choose who gets them.

3. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

He was 20 months on the waiting list and after having watched medical shows for years, the list is formulated by severity.

4. The Other Side

The Other Side Well-Known Troll Troll

I just hope he lives long enough with the transplant to face trial for 9/11 and war crimes.

Peace

TOS

5. av8torntn

av8torntn Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure you will be tried for war crimes before he will.

6. The Other Side

Who knows, maybe GOD is already trying him for his crimes against humanity? With a transplant, maybe he's cheating GODs wish?

Peace

TOS

7. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

You can't try him, for now that he has a new heart he is a different person.

8. faded jeans

faded jeans just a member

If you receive a heart transplant, do you now love all the people that the donor loved?

9. ajblakejr

ajblakejr Age quod agis

Yes.
    Experience from knowing a few who made the ultimate end choice to give of lost loved ones and a few who recieved the ultimate gift.

Please, politics aside, sign your donor card.

10. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

I bet they opened up his chest and in place of his heart found a black gelatinous goo of tar from the deepest regions of hell. Nah. Just kidding. Medicine amazes me.

11. The Other Side

He could get a heart from GHANDI and he would still be a P.O.S.

Peace

TOS

12. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

13. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

My uncle got a pig valve plant and quit eating BBQ so there seems to be a relationship.

14. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

See? Men are pigs.

15. texan

texan Well-Known Member

Great post.

16. rod

rod retired and happy

When my son passed away after his construction accident 10 years ago the fact that he was a designated organ donor on his drivers license made the very tough decision about donating his organs much easier for my wife and me. We made contact 2 years later with the gentleman who received his heart and have become good friends. He and his family traveled to Minnesota to attended my daughters wedding and last summer came to meet our grandkids. We have been to his farm in South Dakota. We have also traded correspondence with the 3 other people who received organs from my son and even though they prefer to not make actual face to face contact they have all expressed how grateful they are for the gift of life my son gave to them. A wonderful organization called Life Source helped us get in touch with these people. They act as a go between until both parties agree on just how much (if any) contact the families make with each other. Sign that donor pledge.

17. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Thanks for sharing.

18. satellitedriver

satellitedriver Moderator Staff Member

You have your original heart and still post as The Other piece of S.

19. satellitedriver

satellitedriver Moderator Staff Member

Thank you for being open and sharing.

20. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

You'll find the little heart symbol on my license.