Didn't get paid, now what?

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by EmraldArcher, May 31, 2013.

1. EmraldArcher

EmraldArcher Member

So I just logged into UPSers.com and was pretty surprised to see I didn't get a paycheck this week.

Naturally I plan to file a grievance on Monday but what can I expect from the process? It seems like not getting paid is a grievance that should get settled right away rather then having to wait the usual weeks it takes for other stuff.

Am I entitled to any kind of extra compensation?

I'm in Florida if it matters.
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Were you on vacation last week?
  3. EmraldArcher

EmraldArcher Member

​I see why no one likes you.
  4. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

​Actually, that was a legitimate question.
  5. EmraldArcher

EmraldArcher Member

It's only a legit question if you think I'm a complete retard. Why would I be expecting a paycheck if I was on vacation?
  6. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

No offense, but we (no-one) knows you. Maybe you didn't realize you got paid your vacation check before vacation, so you would not get a check this week.
    No problem, you already knew it. Good luck with your grievance!
  7. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Better to be quiet and thought a fool than to post and remove all doubt.
  8. stink219

stink219 Well-Known Member

File a G!!
    If the Employer fails to make the payment available on the employee’s second scheduled workday and the shortage was the result of the Employer’s error, the employee will be paid an additional amount equal to one-half (1/2) of his/her daily guarantee at his/her regular hourly rate for every full pay period in which the shortage is not paid after the second (2nd) scheduled work day, until corrected.
  9. Kae3106

Kae3106 Active Member

Have your center put in a green check request on Monday and you'll have your check in hand on Tuesday.