Disability question

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by disneyworld, Apr 10, 2007.

1. disneyworld

disneyworld Active Member

I know the union pays for 26 weeks of disability. A coworker told me that Metlife has a policy that pays after the first 26 weeks if you are unable to go back to work. He said he knows another driver that was out for a year. Has anyone else heard of this? I haven't.:confused:1

2. jaker1968

jaker1968 Guest

Yes,

In the 2002 Contract, Disability coverage was added to provide full-time employees with Disability benefits after 26 weeks for a period of I believe five years at a rate of 500.00 per week

3. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

I've heard of that. Got something in the mail about it (from UPS). I don't know the details, maybe call HR?

I'll see if I still have it.

4. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

OK, Disney, It's called the UPS National LTD Plan. Here's the cover letter:

Sorry, I'm just a stupid truck driver, can't do it! (Unskilled, uneducated, etc)

Anyhow, it comes with a large book describing it. I'll PM you the phone number for info from Metlife.

I could probably EMail you the cover letter if you PM me your EMail add.

5. govols019

govols019 You smell that?

You add that to my own personal disability insurance coverage and I could get hurt and receive a raise in pay. :lol:

6. BCFan

BCFan Active Member

:thumbup1: see art 34 national contract language:wink: work till you are 5 yrs from age that u need to retire and gain a "dissablity" :punk: BC

7. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

If you want met life video taping your every move.

8. idunno

idunno Guest

LTD came into affect here in aug.2005
    Right now im out on STD and within 60days of that ending I know I have to send out forms to metlife to be approved for the LTD. They can deny you if you come up short on those days..

Ive heard theyre a real pain in the ass to deal with and they try not to pay you anything...As for me i just want the health coverage to be covered...