Discharged for Article 50

tourists24

The OP sent in the 1Z as missing, finds the package and rather than make service decides to bury it in with the send agains. Supervisor just happens to do a check-in audit, "missing" pkg is found, driver is terminated. I don't think I would want to be associated with any product that protects against such dishonesty.

I was asked to help a driver one day. He gave me a residential section to deliver, we transferred data between DIADs, I delivered the work only to find he had not given me one package. I sent in the 1Z (it was for a QVC Queen) and figured he would run it off on his way back to the center. The center manager figured the same so when the pkg showed as undelivered they did a "random" check-in audit of his car. Found the pkg buried in his pickups. I think he was given a one-day suspension over that one.

The OP will be offered a suspension, time served, no back pay, back to work as early as Monday.
Maybe I missed something.... did the OP bury the package or did he honestly not realize the package ended up with other stuff?

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
The OP sent in the 1Z as missing, finds the package and rather than make service decides to bury it in with the send agains. Supervisor just happens to do a check-in audit, "missing" pkg is found, driver is terminated. I don't think I would want to be associated with any product that protects against such dishonesty.

I was asked to help a driver one day. He gave me a residential section to deliver, we transferred data between DIADs, I delivered the work only to find he had not given me one package. I sent in the 1Z (it was for a QVC Queen) and figured he would run it off on his way back to the center. The center manager figured the same so when the pkg showed as undelivered they did a "random" check-in audit of his car. Found the pkg buried in his pickups. I think he was given a one-day suspension over that one.

The OP will be offered a suspension, time served, no back pay, back to work as early as Monday.

Damn, do you get light headed up there on your cross? Lordy, just put your letter in and get it over with....

UPSGUY72

If he buried he should did it in the pick up pile.

Either way you right about time served don't let it happen again.....

40 and out

Drivers are being fired for ONE missed package?. There has to be more going on. If there isn't I'm glad I don"t work in your centers. We'd have noone left to work if drivers in my center were fired this easily.

I do not have an answer for you. I will say that in order to be successful at driving, you have to be organized. I utilize the first empty space in the truck to put my send agains. Once I am done delivering I transfer the send agains to the 1000 shelf. Mistakes happen and if you have a clean track record I am sure all will be ok. If you have a record of burying missloads and missed pieces, you may be SOL.
This man has come a long way and I'm proud of how he continues to make adjustments.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
40-60 send agains? Really? Where in the hell do you deliver?

All apts and college duplexes. Depending on the day and the stuff you could get to the apts after the office closes. I'm a cover driver I deliver all over but this one area can have so many send agains it will go from not being in on Monday to being split into two routes by Wednesday or Thursday.

rod

Retired 22 years
How big was it ? I say the sup. pulled it out of the OP's truck in the morning to screw with him and pretended to "find it" in his pickups that night. Them sups. can be evil like that.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
You want justice , skip the union rep. show up with a lawyer.
You'll scare mgt so much , that they'll give you your job back & stay away from you.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
How big was it ? I say the sup. pulled it out of the OP's truck in the morning to screw with him and pretended to "find it" in his pickups that night. Them sups. can be evil like that.
Or, the preload didn't scan the package again, so it didn't show up in EDD as another added stop. Basically a package you work around all day. That's happened to me before.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Threaten to depose the whole center team, file for an emergency protective order against the sup who "found" the package, subpoena everyone involved, etc..
That'll show'em.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Kind of jumping to a few conclusion there, arent you?

The fact that he messaged the center about not being able to find the package tells me that he probably did not intend to stiff it.

I have had the same thing happen to me, there was a send-again sitting on the floor that was supposed to be loaded on the shelf but wasnt, and because it was sitting in the same place I normally keep my send-agains I had a brain fart and completley overlooked it until I got back to the building. A mistake on my part yes, but certainly not an act of intentional dishonesty.

My guess is that the OP's "management team" was simply trying to generate its weekly quota of warning/suspension letters, and his honest mistake gave them the opportunity to "cherry pick" an easy one.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You want justice , skip the union rep. show up with a lawyer.
You'll scare mgt so much , that they'll give you your job back & stay away from you.

I'm not sure I would want to be hiring a lawyer on my own dime when (a) I'm not earning any money and (b) I'm going up against a huge company with deep pockets who could afford to drag things on for months or more until I'm broke.

over9five

Staff member
I ODS'd the center that I was missing a package. It was a send again from the day before, which had a service cross on pkg. The package got mixed up in my send agains and was found by a supervisor as I was offloading pkgs to clerk. It was an honest mistake, however I was fired for dishonesty. What can I expect? Please give me some info, I'm worried I'll loose a lot of time and money or worse ... Without a job..
I think it is dishonest to fire this man for dishonesty.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I'm not sure I would want to be hiring a lawyer on my own dime when (a) I'm not earning any money and (b) I'm going up against a huge company with deep pockets who could afford to drag things on for months or more until I'm broke.

Your not looking at this correctly .
No center mgr is going to take the time & trouble to let any case get to the courtroom status.
The case would be between the center & the employee , not the corporation .
They will settle , and quickly too