Dishonest?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
So if that label causes money not to be refunded, and "missed" gets refunded, then they are "stealing" the shipper's money, ergo the dishonesty. I believe there was diad training that also said to sheet them as missed, recently.
I understand your point but it is still a management decision and not a Union driver's decision.

DIAD training - Do "so and so" unless otherwise instructed by management.

BrownBrokeDown

I understand your point but it is still a management decision and not a Union driver's decision.

DIAD training - Do "so and so" unless otherwise instructed by management.
Isnt this the sort of thing lawsuit have been won over recently. over charging customers? because if it is due a refund, and no refund is issued, it is over charging.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Isnt this the sort of thing lawsuit have been won over recently. over charging customers? because if it is due a refund, and no refund is issued, it is over charging.
Could be but irrelevant in this discussion.
Customer's with contracts almost never have the ability to file for guarantee refunds. This is specified in their contract and they get a break in their prices accordingly.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
It's just a label.
It's not what the customer sees.

If the customer doesn't see it shouldn't matter. If they pay for delivery, they inherently pay for correct info. If there's no emergency conditions, aren't they being charged to be given misleading info. You can say the info is free, but really it's not. Plus, yes, there's the refund issue too. I really think this would be difficult to justify to the affected customers, had they have known.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If the customer doesn't see it shouldn't matter. If they pay for delivery, they inherently pay for correct info. If there's no emergency conditions, aren't they being charged to be given misleading info. You can say the info is free, but really it's not. Plus, yes, there's the refund issue too. I really think this would be difficult to justify to the affected customers, had they have known.
Customer's with contracts almost never have the ability to file for guarantee refunds. This is specified in their contract and they get a break in their prices accordingly.

As a customer, I might not like it but not germane to this discussion.

Last edited:

MC4YOU2

Not all would be shipped per contract, and some could be premium, which I'd think at least the customer will want a refund back from the shipper, even if not UPS.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Not all would be shipped per contract, and some could be premium, which I'd think at least the customer will want a refund back from the shipper, even if not UPS.
Consignees are not eligible for a refund from UPS.
The shipper can do what they want.

Contractual release of guarantees includes all Common Carrier service levels.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Customers perception might not be germane to UPS policy, but they still pay the bills. UPS policy has to factor it in.
Did you mean Consignee?
Except for very large customers, who have contracts forgoing "guarantees", consignees do not pay the bill.
Customers aka Shippers pay the bills and their perceptions are very germane to UPS decision making.

MC4YOU2

Take Amazon for instance. They may forego a refund for this kind of thing, but if the consignee insists on a refund, and Amazon complies, they could certainly seek reciprocation at the next negotiation.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Take Amazon for instance. They may forego a refund for this kind of thing, but if the consignee insists on a refund, and Amazon complies, they could certainly seek reciprocation at the next negotiation.
Definitely and I'm sure that has been discussed during contract negotiations.
To say the UPS/Amazon relationship is strained is an understatement.
Amazon is at the mercy of UPS and FedEx to execute it's business model.

BrownBrokeDown

Did you mean Consignee?
Except for very large customers, who have contracts forgoing "guarantees", consignees do not pay the bill.
Customers aka Shippers pay the bills and their perceptions are very germane to UPS decision making.
no we are not germane, we get PO'ed the hell off when i don't get a refund to my acct which is tied to my cost center, lmao.

BrownBrokeDown

All refunds have to be applied for by the shipper.
I have done so many times.
It is designed to not be an easy process for the small shipper.
as the shipper, i definately agree. now 99% of damages are automatically refused, they took away the reps ability to overrule, and the last one i submitted, after scanning the paperwork in, they requested the replacement cost which was in the paperwork i gave them already. Had to get the rep involved on that one. Over the last 3 years its went from being a pain to being completely ridiculous.

BrownBrokeDown

and damages are way up btw.

and no i dont throw, kick, or punch boxes on twilight...nope not at all...not even when im tripping over them...not even when they fall off a belt and hit my head, groin, or knee depending on the belt...not at all;)

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Todays word of the day, brought to you by Monkey BuTT...germane..
adjective
  1. relevant to a subject under consideration.
    "that is not germane to our theme"