No talk of strike by management

I'm going to eat a few roller grill dogs this week to practice for next week.
Practicing
IMG_20230724_214259904.jpg
IMG_20230724_214259904.jpg

RangerMan06

it's not fishy, it's decentralized

UPS isn't a monolith, think of it more like fiefdoms run by VP's that are all going in different directions and occasionally come together for something resembling a company wide rollout

Yes it's chaos every morning even with everyone knowing exactly what they are supposed to be doing.

Undertow

I’m wondering if customers are trying to get ahead of the strike and ordering more because we have been getting absolutely swamped with flow the past week or 2
I thought the same thing over the last couple weeks when businesses that usually received 6-10 parcels a day jumped to double and triple that amount. Today, it took nearly 3 empty P-10's to complete my pickups.

So many of my customers have had such bad experiences with the competition. Maybe I shouldn't be all that surprised, but yet I am. One account said they'd have just as much going out tomorrow.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Mangment is not as worried as most people thought. Each function has a contingency plan in place. This isn't 1997. With automated facilities and a plethora of access points the the company will do its best to service what they can. Hopefully this gets resolved before the end of the week.

Go back to your cubicle

RangerMan06

Mangment is not as worried as most people thought. Each function has a contingency plan in place. This isn't 1997. With automated facilities and a plethora of access points the the company will do its best to service what they can. Hopefully this gets resolved before the end of the week.

Ya I'm sure CVS being an access point will be ecstatic about getting a trailer load of packages to sort through everyday. Contingency plan LMAO

Mutineer

I’m wondering if customers are trying to get ahead of the strike and ordering more because we have been getting absolutely swamped with flow the past week or 2

I have been doing exactly that.

Wal-Mart and Home Depot often don't have the odd little things or brands I want and need, and they crushed all the local mom & pops where I used to be able to get those things! That's what forces me to use ebay and amazon.

Also, the local auto parts stores carry mostly crap now. I have much better luck quality-wise using online sources.

DriverNerd

I delivered 43 boxes to a dental office today and they said "sorry there's going to be a bunch this week. We ordered a lot in case of a strike". No one else has told me, but I get a feeling many more are doing just that.

Siveriano

Has anyone heard anything from management about what is very quickly approaching? There has not been one word said about a potential strike, a new contract, or anything of the sort, from any member of management at my center. Nothing in the pcms. Its like theyre pretending nothing is happening. I have noticed several part time driver sups doing ride alongs in the last few weeks, none with me though.
No talk here but I have noticed our dispatchers and yard control coming in 2 hours early and practice shifting.