Do some of you guys work out? If you do

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by The Man, Aug 30, 2016.

1. The Man

The Man Member

How do you balance gym and working?
  2. I'm too busy shaving to go the gym.
  3. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

Had a Y membership all last year and never stepped foot into the place.
    I simply arm curl all my over 70's while maintaining a brisk pace from the street to the front door.
  4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

For the love of god learn to use the search function. I'm beginning to think you're trolling us because every thread you've started on here has been covered 10 plus times.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  5. NonDeliverOtherMissed

NonDeliverOtherMissed Active Member

There is a driver in our center that keeps Dumbbells and those push up things in the back of his truck..along with a yoga mat....he works out on his lunch...a little much if you ask me
  6. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Yes, I like to stay flexible.
  7. KOG72

KOG72 Well-Known Member

After work I do 12 and 16 ounce curls on a regular basis
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  8. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

Many of my hobbies are physical things like hiking, climbing, kayaking, snowboarding, so I stay in shape that way.

I still believe only trendy herd mentality type people go to the gym (it's a social status thing for them) or very busy (they think they are busy) city people go to the gym.

For real go ride your bike around town.
  9. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

There's not much chance of getting mowed down by some kid in a car chasing Pokémon at the gym.

But that's just me......
  10. I drive feeder at night. My gym is on the way home. Most weeks I can make it in there a few days a week to lift. Ride my bike also when I can for some cardio.

But there are some weeks where 50-60 hours doesn't leave enough time to make it in there. Those weeks I would rather focus on sleep with the little time between shifts. The equipment we drive is just too big to risk it
  11. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I don't. I get paid to work out.

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

Not any more. Too much Tendinitis.
  13. no more than 9

no more than 9 "Livin' the Dream"

I used to, but walking 10 miles a day while delivering is enough for me now.
  14. sailfish

sailfish Well-Known Member

Gym every morning before work, first thing when I get up. The hardest part is getting up and going. Once you're there it really wakes your ass up.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. sailfish

Those things will keep you "in shape" but they don't target specific muscle groups in the way working out in a gym will.

And that's not true at all. If I want to look like I was sculpted by Michelangelo himself when my clothes are off, the gym is the only way.
  16. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

No thanks. I use equipment provided. A stair machine and a treadmill. Pushing and pulling. Doing curls lifting off the shelves. If I didn't have power steering again. Another workout
  17. Indecisi0n

Do you squat?
  18. sailfish

On leg day.
  19. Indecisi0n

How's your tush?
  20. sailfish

Nicer than most guys' you'll come across. Small but full, rounded, and firm.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List