Does everyone work tomorrow (Dec 26)

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by lovemyupser, Dec 25, 2012.

1. lovemyupser

lovemyupser Member

Quick question, does all the UPS drivers work tomorrow. If I remember right, last year they didn't work on Dec 26th. I don't know if that had to do with Christmas being on a Sunday last year. The husbands center told the guys to come in like a regular work day and they would see from there how many drivers they need. My husband said if he is driving the 30 minutes to work then they better have a route from him.

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas.

2. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Any holiday on a Sunday is taken on a Monday.
    Any holiday on a Saturday is paid and no days off.

3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I am surprised your husband's center did not have a sign up sheet for volunteers or simply forced from the bottom up to meet their staffing needs.

I am off tomorrow as we only have 12 routes in.

4. laffter

laffter Active Member

Here, full preload is working tomorrow. Drivers have a start time of 9am rather than 830. I'm not sure what the start time means, but it seems like it will be a regular work day.

5. UpstateNYUPSer

Why in the world would you run a full preload? There were no pickups yesterday so all we will be delivering will be the send agains from Monday and whatever air comes in.

6. Monkey Butt

Consolidating routes and some places not in the BOG were not clean.

7. upsman68

upsman68 Active Member

We are all scheduled to come in tomorrow at 9:00. Upstate how many routes are in a regular day?

8. UpstateNYUPSer

9. uber

uber Guest

I have to work tomorrow. My question is do we have to work NYE and New Years day?

10. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

U might be forced to work New Year's Eve but everyone will be off New Year's Day.

11. UpstateNYUPSer

No---both are paid holidays. There is work on NYE---NDA, 2DA and 3DS---I will be working---easy money.

12. uber

uber Guest

I'll take a little solace in my rare 4 day weekend.

13. UpstateNYUPSer

Uh, you should probably count on working---they force from the bottom up if they don't get enough volunteers.

14. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Thanksgiving this year we didn't have any force workers. I'll be working as a volunteer New Years Eve as this is a holiday paying double time plus 8.00 hrs. Tomorrow will be screwed as those working will be out well past 10hrs while others go home. Peak is far from over ladies and gentlemen.

15. bluehdmc

bluehdmc Well-Known Member

Have a 3:45am start in Feeders tomorrow. Probably won't do the the schedule run though, anything for the destination probably got put on a train. We'll probably take empty containers to the railyard. 8 and skate.

16. tre305

tre305 Member

My center is treating it like a Black Friday. Skeleton preload with few drivers. Start time of 7 AM.

17. Macbrother

Macbrother Member

They came around with a sign up sheet for who wanted to work Monday. We normally run 54 routes I heard we'll only have 20 in tomorrow. Our start time was also pushed back to 5am instead of 4:30.

18. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

You said BOG. lol!

19. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

I'm getting paid double-time for both New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.

20. Monkey Butt

It seems from what I have heard of Upstate's center (not just from Upstate), it is a well run center with an overall good and experienced group of employees.
    I hope Upstate understands how his center is not the norm!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012