Dog Stories

moreluck

golden ticket member
trick....susie has a style that is extremely recognizeable. You wouldn't be the anon. poster because you have more class than to attack someone who has just posted an opinion.

Now, her ploy would be to go back into the posting history and try to find where I provoked her first. Glad that's out of the way......we don't have to go through that phase now.

Ms Spoken

I need some ideas.... UPS left a pkg last week and the labs chewed it. I have had a note placed in the diad but, the dogs still got to the pkg.

I'm thinking about making or buying some kind of UPS/USPS outside box that the dogs cant get into or chew. What is the best container you have seen while out delv that would be easy for UPS to leave my pkgs?

Please dont bash my dogs they are still young labs and I hope they will stop once they are older but, until then I need your ideas.

Thanks

moreluck

golden ticket member
MS. What about a small wooden toy box with hinged lid? Heavy Lid. We used to have one that my hubby made for the kids and it was sturdy.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Ms. Spoken,

You may want to get an old ice cooler or a plastic storage box of some type and write "Deliveries" on it for your delivery drivers to use. If you have a carport or open garage, maybe a shelf or another high place they can't reach could be pointed out to your driver with some kind of sign about your dog's chewing habits.

trickpony1

This may be a little beyond what you are looking for but........
I knew a guy in a distant state that ran a business out of his home. He had a box built out of 1/16 inch steel and anchored it to his concrete porch. It had the usual hasp and padlock. I think theft may have been a problem for him. The driver would simply put the packages in the box, close it and secure it with the padlock.
May be overkill for your purposes.

X

xyzabc

I assume the owner's of those dogs gave you permission to feed them.

I recently caught the meter reader from the power company feeding my dog a biscuit.

I asked him if he thought my dog looked malnourished? No

"Did I give you permission to feed my dog?" "No"

"Then you had better hope I never catch you feeding my dog again. All you have to do here is read the meter and then get off my property and if you can't handle that then send somebody else here that can."

Why on earth would anybody think they have the right to enter somebody's private property and feed that person's dog without permission?

wonderboy

Ha! Ha! You're the kind of guy who I would wait until you weren't home, then I would feed that dog six or seven loafs of bread. Ha! Ha!

over9five

Staff member
Wonderboy is the kind of customer you don't forget. Next time you have a package for him, you kick it everytime you go into the back of your car...

(I feel sorry for his dog....)

dave_socal

PACKAGE/FEEDER
I need some ideas.... UPS left a pkg last week and the labs chewed it. I have had a note placed in the diad but, the dogs still got to the pkg.

I'm thinking about making or buying some kind of UPS/USPS outside box that the dogs cant get into or chew. What is the best container you have seen while out delv that would be easy for UPS to leave my pkgs?

Please dont bash my dogs they are still young labs and I hope they will stop once they are older but, until then I need your ideas.

Thanks
What about a muzzle? or send them to dog school!

dave_socal

PACKAGE/FEEDER
Some people consider their dogs to be not only companions but alarm/deterrent systems.
If a dog is in a backyard barking guess what's probably not back there?.........the boogieman.
If the boogieman can gain access to your backyard concealed by a stockade fence or your garage undetected then they have free run of your property and belongings from there. If a dog can be compromised then that defeats the purpose of having a dog.
Dogs are supposed to protect their domain and their masters and it's his backyard anyway.
Do I agree with the way Wonderboy delivered his message? We are all grown up now.....the meter reader will get over it, besides, he knew the dangers when he signed on.
I agree with wonderboy.
I know what doggies and ponies are for. The point is that type of consignee's attitude towards service personel. By ordering any utility,product or service you grant implied consent to access your property to preform the service YOU requested at that point ,anything negligent on your part ,happens to that person while attempting to execute said service on your property and you're responsible, So what danger are you talking about? Is that dog a trap? No he's a liability if untrained. As far as feeding the mongrel a simple please don't feed my mut would suffice. I like dogs but I don't mistreat people going about their daily grind for their benefit.

dave_socal

PACKAGE/FEEDER
Why should I muzzle???? That way the black lab is ready for a AH like you.. I only asked for ideas on delv boxes but, you had to try to be funny..

Can you tell it's a MONDAY.
You can always tell when a dog person feels they or their flea bags have been attacked. Well Ms. Spoken I think the only "AH's" on this thread are people who value a dogs happiness over people's safety.Tell me what did I say that was so funny, you can't even think of training or muzzling your pooch? Such language from you makes me think I was wrong, the muzzle then is for you.

Folk Fury

Old and in the way
Ok, here's just one of mine.
I stop to make a residential delivery, tap the horn and proceed to the customer's door. From next door a mid-sized mongrel pup comes running over and corners me on the front porch, all the time growling and snapping at me. It is followed by the next door neighbor lady hollering at me to get back in my truck. Did I mention that the dog has me cornered on the porch?
So I haul off and kick the dog under the chin as hard as I can and it literally does a back flip. It then runs back to the neighbor's house yelping. With the neighbor lady hollering obscenties at me, I leave a delivery notice and get back in my truck.
When I get back to the center, the Ctr. manager wants to see me. My union rep is there. The Ctr. manager wants to suspend me for a day because the neighbors complained that they had to take their dog to the vet . Apparently,:thumbup1: I broke some of it's teeth and they want UPS to pay the vet bill. It seems the school bus pulls up to let the neighbor's kids off from school and toots his horn. The lady lets the dog out to greet the children. So you see it's all my fault.
The Union vows to fight the suspension. Instead, I inform the center manager that our city has leash laws and that if he suspends me I plan to sue the complaining party. Imagine what kind of bad publicity that might garner with a tip to the local media. So the suspension is dropped. The lady's husband. it turns out, is a Captain in the Army. So I found out who his Commanding Officer was and filed a complaint against his wife for letting their dog run loose. I got an apology from his wife and they withdrew their complaint and request for payment of the Vet bill. Problem solved!

dave_socal

PACKAGE/FEEDER
Ok,
So I haul off and kick the dog under the chin as hard as I can and it literally does a back flip. It then runs back to the neighbor's house yelping. Problem solved!
:w00t: Was this during the World Cup?... its was! THEN GOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beentheredonethat

Instead, I inform the center manager that our city has leash laws and that if he suspends me I plan to sue the complaining party. Imagine what kind of bad publicity that might garner with a tip to the local media. So the suspension is dropped. The lady's husband. it turns out, is a Captain in the Army. So I found out who his Commanding Officer was and filed a complaint against his wife for letting their dog run loose. I got an apology from his wife and they withdrew their complaint and request for payment of the Vet bill. Problem solved!
Folk, sounds like you used the old "The best defense is a good offense" - Good for you.

Personally I like dogs, but I don't have the time to take care of one. Maybe when I retire I'll get a golden retriever. However, way too many people don't control their dog or train them properly and expect everyone else to watch out. I agree with all of you who said there are leash laws. And they are there for a good reason. How many times have we heard someone say. "Sorry, that's the first time he's ever done that". Also, the defense of you can't sue me since your on my property doesn't fly either. Since as someone else posted, by ordering a pkg and requesting to get it delivered to your residence, you are giving implied consent for someone to come on your property to delivery your order.

W

WONDERBOY

You can always tell when a dog person feels they or their flea bags have been attacked. Well Ms. Spoken I think the only "AH's" on this thread are people who value a dogs happiness over people's safety.Tell me what did I say that was so funny, you can't even think of training or muzzling your pooch? Such language from you makes me think I was wrong, the muzzle then is for you.

and you belong on a leash...MS. SPOKEN didn't say you were funny, She said you TRIED to be funny. She asked about a container for her packages and you TRIED to turn it all around to sound as though she was complaining about something.

And as for my own story, I forgot to mention that my dog was in a separate pen away from the power meter, not that it would have made any difference to you dave, or me either. DO NOT FEED MY ANIMALS WITHOUT PERMISSION! GOT IT?

With the likes of dave_socal on the loose as well as the other revengeful posters here, I've contacted the local UPS Center and asked them to hold all my packages for will call. Please stay out of my yard at all costs (especially you dave). thanks

wonderboy

W

wonderboy

what about you dboy?

How would respond if you caught a delivery person or meter reader feeding your fish?

wondering