Don’t work too hard

EverybodyLovesMike

No, my name isnt mike
I love doing this. Hotshot driver who just came off qualification after burning his route 3 days in a row came to take stops off me on those three days. He confesses to me that the ORS told him I wasn't the smartest bulb in the closet which is the reason I needed help sometimes. I told him it depends on how you look at it. Every driver eventually gets to that point when he realizes the numbers don't mean $h1t anymore, and he decides to work as safe as possible so he can make it in one piece until retirement. I'll say it once and I'll say it again....I've NEVER seen a driver get fired for production.
If you're working so safe and dont find yourself injured as much as others, they will use other things to get you fired. In the end it strengthens your relationship with your stewards and BA and costs the company money all while you resent the company more and continue doing what you know you need to do. Then the cycle begins again. They're so intelligent.

rod

Retired 22 years
i do school which is more work than a rich hier to a fortune does. and its more legitimate than what any president does, or war profiteer.
So you are a professional student? My experiences with professional students are that they never amount to much. Lots of book learning but absolutely NO common sense.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
So you are a professional student? My experiences with professional students are that they never amount to much. Lots of book learning but absolutely NO common sense.
I’m earning my degree online. While I work full-time, and while I may not go to a “real“ college it makes sense to me now… The degree is more of a proof that you can commit to something for four years

Nothing more

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Envelope sorting sucks. Unzipping bags is where it's at.
Many years ago when I was on the night sort loading, we were allowed to wear earbuds while we worked.
I’m not sure if they followed Amazon’s lead by now and require you to leave electronics in your locker before going through security

if that’s the case I wouldn’t be able to do the job. The sound of that nylon material rubbing against other bags and surfaces is worse than nails on a chalkboard for my ears. Anybody else have the same issue?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Many years ago when I was on the night sort loading, we were allowed to wear earbuds while we worked.
I’m not sure if they followed Amazon’s lead by now and require you to leave electronics in your locker before going through security

if that’s the case I wouldn’t be able to do the job. The sound of that nylon material rubbing against other bags and surfaces is worse than nails on a chalkboard for my ears. Anybody else have the same issue?

Everybody in the hub has something in their ears

Red Devil

The Power of Connected

Everyone still uses wireless headphones. Pretty sure half the workforce would quit if they cracked down on that