Double parking

Discussion in 'UPS Freight' started by hash, May 15, 2013.

1. hash

hash New Member

Why do ups drivers double park EVERYWHERE? They put their blinkers on, run in run out, go ten feet and do it again... Why??

PS Cheryl if you delete this you are a facist
  2. gman042

gman042 Been around the block a few times

Well....we could be like the FEDeX guy and nose into a parking space and then back out into traffic hoping we don't nail someone. Oh....and that scenario does not work very well with P10s and 12s. Better to double park for a few seconds and then move on so as not to block anyone in.
  3. kumet

kumet New Member

to run 20 stops per hour need to cut safety corners
  4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Double parking is one of the least preferred options but will be done if needed. We are also motorists and get just as upset when we are delayed by someone double parking. It's not like we try to double park whenever possible---as I said, it is usually done as a last resort.
  5. EasyTrucker

EasyTrucker Active Member

Because UPS pays the ticket not the driver. Unless it happens in NY, then nobody pays. UPS has millions of dollars of unpaid parking tickets in NY.
  6. serenity now

serenity now Guest

i never double park * never
  7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

This is not true. UPS and major cities work out a deal and UPS pays that amount in lieu of paying individual parking tickets. Even in NY.
  8. AlwaysChafed

AlwaysChafed Member

Be a driver.
  9. mossbackman

mossbackman New Member

As a Driver Trainer I always tell people it's okay to back into traffic as long as their eyes are closed.:funny: