Driver terminated using gps info

JJ53

They walked a driver out the door this morning for running up his miles and prerecording stops and stop completing them while he was running up miles. They had security in and upper management handled the whole situation. I am not sure he will get his job back with all the evidence they have against him. I think they even went out and followed him one day.

I'm wondering if he admitted to "prerecording stops and stop completing them while he was running up miles."? If he did, say goodbye buddy.
Why would anyone try that with the knowledge that they can track you with the GPS? Our center manager has said in several PCMs that we have the technology to do this, by this point everyone should be aware of the possibility and not try to pump their numbers. I had to come to the reality that the numbers are bogus and unrealistic to keep myself from going nuts to make those numbers. It's a game I am no longer willing to play.

Actually this "new" GPS isn't all that new, DiadIV has had it all along. The only difference is now they can track you in real time instead of having to wait till the next day to review the data.

feeder53

ADKtrails
GPS has come a long way from its conception, and there are a good number of things that it can transmit. I do not know the capabilities of the UPS system, but I never under estimate the capabilities either. There is probably a number of things that can be turned on and off even from a remote location. I would do my job as directed and then I do not have to find out what that box is capable of doing. If we tamper with its abilities, that too is a violation of company policy.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I personally look forward to gps being implemented. Maybe they will get a clue on my rural rte that it actually does take that long to run it. LOL

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
As long as a driver does the route like it's supposed to be done and is not 'cheating' the system there is no reason to worry about it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Can you toss the diad in a lead box? There must be someway to prevent/jam the signal.
A microwave oven will jam the signal. The chassis of the oven is designed to prevent the escape of harmful microwave radiation, it will prevent any signal from coming in or out.

soberups

They walked a driver out the door this morning for running up his miles and prerecording stops and stop completing them while he was running up miles. They had security in and upper management handled the whole situation. I am not sure he will get his job back with all the evidence they have against him. I think they even went out and followed him one day.
We had a guy fired for the same damn thing. He was an idiot. They videotaped him sitting there for two hours prerecording and stop completing, he was stealing time, and then he had the balls to come in and complain about being overdispatched. I have no sympathy for liars and thieves, and I have no problem with UPS showing them the door.

soberups

New contract: GPS can be used for discipline. Two drivers termed recently here. Driver #1 (married w/ kids) termed for going off route several times to help Driver #2 (girlfriend), shown in GPS, sparcs and witnessed by supervisor. Driver #2 termed for same stuff (helping boyfriend) PLUS excessive breaks, lying about excessive breaks when interviewed, and falsifying company documents (sitting under a tree for 2 hours stop completing prerecorded stops)...again shown w/ GPS, sparcs AND witnessed by supervisor.

GPS by itself cannot be used for discipline.

In the examples you cite, their behavior was witnessed by a supervisor.

Management will use the GPS data to figure out who is dirty, but they still have to go out there to witness/document the behavior in order for the termination to be upheld.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
I know on diad V you can turn the gps off you need this ability to del to hospital. No cell phones, gps or electronic transmissions. You could kill someone and you don’t want to do that when delivering a pkg .

BURMDPsupe

I know on diad V you can turn the gps off you need this ability to del to hospital. No cell phones, gps or electronic transmissions. You could kill someone and you don’t want to do that when delivering a pkg .

I'm sure that feature will be route specific (hospitals are a good example as well as certain government offices like Navy Med, NIH, etc; turning off GPS without permission could land someone in hot water.

M-

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
I know a driver in my center that turns off the commutations in his diad during his lunch hour so not to get bother by messages and as far as I know he as not been discipline for it .

hdkappler

before i retired i had a few customers who told me customer request late del.(one told me to sign his name del when i get there.)i was afraid to do that.i had a preloader who put boxes in the load.all the time.did it to much got suspended three days.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
You can always wrap it in aluminum foil if you don't want it to receive GPS coordinates. Depending on the distance to the cell towers, that might also be enough shielding to kill off data transmissions too.

Isn't the whole truck aluminum?? Well, not the roof of the box end, Lol.