Driver terminated using gps info

satellitedriver

Just as it's martyr creator intended, you have helped close the circle of victimhood with your responses.
Sorry, I have been out of college for 33 years and was not an English Major.
Could anyone explain to me what this sentence means?
It was not a direct reply to any post, so, who is the you and how does an "it" create a martyr?
The rest of the paragraph explained itself.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
The driver was back to work today,

With all the distractions, I completely overlooked. Wellthat is great, sounds like they are going to give him another chance instead of letting him go.

Others though would not be that lucky. Bottom line is do not depend on being lucky or on the management's mood. Keep your decisions honest, dont fudge delivery times to cover for anything.

Even if you make a judgement mistake and think you have more than enough time to deliver a ground, and then find out that it took longer to get the air off than you thought, dont fudge. The worst they will do is rant and rave and tell you not to do it again. But if you fudge, you will get caught, and maybe you will get your job back, maybe not.

d

Big Babooba

Sorry, I have been out of college for 33 years and was not an English Major.
Could anyone explain to me what this sentence means?
It was not a direct reply to any post, so, who is the you and how does an "it" create a martyr?
The rest of the paragraph explained itself.
I was an engineering major and I couldn't decipher that sentence either.

Master804

We had a driver terminated last week. He had scanned and stop completed a NDA before getting to the stop. We get really reamed if we have late air. For awhile I was delivering late air at least twice a week even tho I ran straight air, I learned a long time ago to take the criticisim but do it by the book.

Aannny waay..... They have been bringing drivers in and showing them their gps movements, they are threatening to terminate for going off area for any personal reason, go to the bank, lunch whatever. This driver was caught being dishonest on a stop, but the gps info was the proof.

Our center manager said this: "Be careful what you do, with all this new technology I kid you not, they can almost tell you what color tissue you wipe your nose with out there."

chopstic

GPS may not grounds for termination, but the driver may have personally admitted fault after being presented with GPS data. So the termination isn't due to GPS proof, its due to the driver admitting to dishonest actions.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
We had a driver terminated last week. He had scanned and stop completed a NDA before getting to the stop. We get really reamed if we have late air. For awhile I was delivering late air at least twice a week even tho I ran straight air, I learned a long time ago to take the criticisim but do it by the book.

Aannny waay..... They have been bringing drivers in and showing them their gps movements, they are threatening to terminate for going off area for any personal reason, go to the bank, lunch whatever. This driver was caught being dishonest on a stop, but the gps info was the proof.

Our center manager said this: "Be careful what you do, with all this new technology I kid you not, they can almost tell you what color tissue you wipe your nose with out there."

How does UPS know that the customer didnt meet him somewhere to pick up his package ?

UPS Lifer

I t/w a manager recently that says they now have real time (almost) capability to see where the driver is and has been. The program shows where the driver delivered the last stop.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The typical pattern is this; management will always overlook a drivers dishonesty AS LONG as it is making the center look good on paper. Once there is a mistake...or once a mess gets created that is too big to hide from Loss Prevention...the management will then turn on the driver like a pack of hyenas in order to save their OWN jobs. They will work hand in hand with Loss Prevention to terminate the "dishonest" driver and make an example of him. One hand washes the other.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
The typical pattern is this; management will always overlook a drivers dishonesty AS LONG as it is making the center look good on paper. Once there is a mistake...or once a mess gets created that is too big to hide from Loss Prevention...the management will then turn on the driver like a pack of hyenas in order to save their OWN jobs. They will work hand in hand with Loss Prevention to terminate the "dishonest" driver and make an example of him. One hand washes the other.

or @&%$ rolls down hill

Mike Hawk

Is DRing the next 8-10 resi stops in the truck a no no? Most of the drivers I have helped just DR a pile at once because they can use the DIAD faster than I can, then I run them while they sort the truck or run some themselves.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I assume that you are talking about peak. The rules tend to go out the window during peak. There is nothing wrong with sheeting, DRing, and stop completing 8-10 resi stops, esp. if you are not that good with the DIAD. Veteran drivers know the delivery location for 99+% of their stops so it is not that big of a deal. The GPS might not like it but it will get over it.

LKLND3380

Can you toss the diad in a lead box? There must be someway to prevent/jam the signal.

I was told the other day I couldn't drive eight tenths of a mile (.8 of a mile) off a certain route to go home for lunch anymore. But I can drive over 4 miles on route. So my wife picks me up down the block now. I take my diad with me so they probably think I'm still driving home anyway.

Mike Hawk

Sometimes I get to help during non peak, mostly in January but with all our injuries I might get some during the summer vacation season. The rules didn't seem to change during non peak, but maybe that was because the driver was pissed to be heavy enough for a helper during non peak.

You would have to take it out at some point to get sigs and use it, at which point it could transmit. However if you had some electric know how, and maybe an anarchists cookbook you might be able to jam it or something.

browniehound

I was told the other day I couldn't drive eight tenths of a mile (.8 of a mile) off a certain route to go home for lunch anymore. But I can drive over 4 miles on route. So my wife picks me up down the block now. I take my diad with me so they probably think I'm still driving home anyway.

Why would you take your DIAD with you if you are disiplined for going off route? Why not just leave it in the truck when your wife picks you up to avoid any confrontations?

kene1024

Sometimes I get to help during non peak, mostly in January but with all our injuries I might get some during the summer vacation season. The rules didn't seem to change during non peak, but maybe that was because the driver was pissed to be heavy enough for a helper during non peak.

You would have to take it out at some point to get sigs and use it, at which point it could transmit. However if you had some electric know how, and maybe an anarchists cookbook you might be able to jam it or something.

You can always wrap it in aluminum foil if you don't want it to receive GPS coordinates. Depending on the distance to the cell towers, that might also be enough shielding to kill off data transmissions too.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I deliver in a rural area. If they tried to tell ME that, I would be taking a crap in the back of the truck everyday instead of driving to a bathroom. I think my management team, as well as carwash, would prefer that I go ahead and drive that extra .8 mile.