BeachBoy

I don't know how a DMV report shows a suspension from decades ago... If your DUI was expunged, I believe it is considered not on your record...No conviction anymore. I could be wrong though.
It shows the days before reinstatement which raises questions. While I could claim I became Amish, I should probably be honest.
My main question, is that going to stop me from getting the job? It was the only offense on my driving record.

rod

Retired 22 years
It shows the days before reinstatement which raises questions. While I could claim I became Amish, I should probably be honest.
My main question, is that going to stop me from getting the job? It was the only offense on my driving record.

Just go ahead and march right in there and say you have a DUI record. I guarantee you won't even be able to state your case. They hear "DUI" they go into self preservation mode. I told you before and this is the last time-- DON"T ADMIT ANYTHING.

john chesney

So, I got my driver's application from UPS, and they want the requisite driving violations history.
Several decades back I had a DUI. Does this totally preclude me from consideration?
Second question, they want to know the date of offense and conviction, and I don't know. I caĺed the court and was told that was expunged after 7 years. But... I let my license be suspended for years, the DMV report shows that.
The application requires dates for the offense and conviction, and I have only approximate dates.
Anyone with valid ideas or thoughts? My only one is to go into HR on Monday and ask them.
Please help before I do anything stupid.
Thanks!
If your record was truly expunged then you don’t have to report it. Expunged record is deemed never to have happened and you can even testify in court that you have no convictions.Law enforcement can see it in a background check and other special circumstances IE working with kids. The problem you have is the suspended license might show up. Don’t ask how I know these things lol

Nj187

I’m from New Jersey. DWI is only a motor vehicle offense (obv still doesn’t look good) As a casual the app asked for five years only. Just did the full time app and asked for whole history. My friend (who already works at UPS) had a dwi over ten years ago and they hired him, he did know the month and year, he was 19 and no tickets ever since. If you work hard, prove self, they will find way to keep you (during peak season). That is for NJ I can only speak for. I know Wisconsin and NJ are the same. (Non criminal offense). I would be honest and if the rest of your DMV record is clean as well as criminal, credit (forgot if they run that), and all other factors check out. You may be okay. If it is expunged though, I can’t see how they would see it, only law enforcement agencies I believe can see expunged records when it comes to applicants. It is tough to say for you.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
53AA0B33-86D3-49FB-8AE5-CFFA40A69EFE.gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So, I got my driver's application from UPS, and they want the requisite driving violations history.
Several decades back I had a DUI. Does this totally preclude me from consideration?
Second question, they want to know the date of offense and conviction, and I don't know. I caĺed the court and was told that was expunged after 7 years. But... I let my license be suspended for years, the DMV report shows that.
The application requires dates for the offense and conviction, and I have only approximate dates.
Anyone with valid ideas or thoughts? My only one is to go into HR on Monday and ask them.
Thanks!
I advce is to start drinking heavily.
2018-01-26-21-31-06-.jpg

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
You are required to have a clean license for 3 years, no DWIs in the last 5. So only report what has happened in that time frame

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Thanks!
Decades ago? How old are you? This job is definitely a young man’s kinda deal. At least when starting out

Nj187

Decades ago? How old are you? This job is definitely a young man’s kinda deal. At least when starting out
Agree but as you said when starting. In a career. My Coworker was 50. Just started. Laid off from his Company after almost 30 years. Got a package. Can’t collect til 55, his Pension. For a 50 year old, he killed it more than a lot of 30 year olds. But yes, no 50, even 40 year old is going to do the years to be vested in the Pension.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Agree but as you said when starting. In a career. My Coworker was 50. Just started. Laid off from his Company after almost 30 years. Got a package. Can’t collect til 55, his Pension. For a 50 year old, he killed it more than a lot of 30 year olds. But yes, no 50, even 40 year old is going to do the years to be vested in the Pension.
Well it only takes 5 years to be vested right? I didn’t mean to sound like no 50 year old can start a career driving. But it’s definitely not normal. I’m 32, and as I type this, my lower back is barkin’. Just sayin

Nj187

You are required to have a clean license for 3 years, no DWIs in the last 5. So only report what has happened in that time frame[/QUO
Well it only takes 5 years to be vested right? I didn’t mean to sound like no 50 year old can start a career driving. But it’s definitely not normal. I’m 32, and as I type this, my lower back is barkin’. Just sayin
you just taught me something I didn’t know, about being vested after five years. That’s definitely useful information. Thank you.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
you just taught me something I didn’t know, about being vested after five years. That’s definitely useful information. Thank you.

Starting at 50 you would probably have to work past 65 to have a decent amount in pension. In the Western Conference, you can draw from the pension while working once you hit 65, and your pension benefit will continue to increase.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Starting at 50 you would probably have to work past 65 to have a decent amount in pension. In the Western Conference, you can draw from the pension while working once you hit 65, and your pension benefit will continue to increase.
I started at 40 seasonal Driver, worked part time for a year and made book at 42, I have to work till I am 67 to get 25.
I am 47 now and boy do I have a loooong time to go and yes every part of my body hurts by Friday