Drivers in my center mad because they are forced to take lunch.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Back-of-napkin calculation:

$32* an hour, times five hours a week, times (around) fifty weeks a year, equals $8000.

So (assuming full rate), 'running' lunch donates 8K to UPS, per year.

If you serve a thirty year term, that's $240,000 in lost wages.

This doesn't take into consideration the hours which would have been overtime had said driver taken their lunch.

People, take your lunch!
That's a lot of money. Sure would be nice to get paid lunches.
Sitting on my ass for an hour everyday isn't lost money for me though, it's lost time with my family. It's nice to have the option, but forcing me to take an unpaid lunch is like holding me hostage.

Holydriver

What if you're the one needing help?
Rarely happens. But when it does happen, its because management screwed me on the dispatch. So if the head shed started telling management that they need to stop PM dispatching AND still maintain the 9.5 rules them we would see much better dispatch

Holydriver

That's a lot of money. Sure would be nice to get paid lunches.
Sitting on my ass for an hour everyday isn't lost money for me though, it's lost time with my family. It's nice to have the option, but forcing me to take an unpaid lunch is like holding me hostage.
I take my lunch too because I need the money. And I miss my family time. As such I'm probably just going to quit UPS and find a less time consuming job. It's fuxxing ridiculous.

But the lunch debate is something I don't understand. Some drivers hate those that skip lunch... It's like dude you wanna take your lunch I don't...mind your own business and live your life I'll live mine

Holydriver

Why did you take the job KNOWING you'd have to take a lunch?
Everyone always says this "why did you take the job know (insert stupid thing here)". My buddy has about 2.5 fingers left on his right hand from a hand grenade in Afghanistan. To this day I blame him for his lost digits. I say, " hey! Why did you join the army knowing you could lose a hand!". That poor buffoon knee it could happen!!!!!!!!!!??

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Come on all... Everybody knows that the only ones who get a "meal" are feeder drivers....package car drivers get to take a lunch break...now go take your lunch like a good driver
Again my issue is not taking the lunch, it is the narrow window that we are required to take the lunch in. I prefer to break my lunch into two sections, a 20 min after commercial( we are only allowed to take a 20 min within the first hour) which is anywhere from 11-12 and a 40 min right before pickups between 3 and 4

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Everyone always says this "why did you take the job know (insert stupid thing here)". My buddy has about 2.5 fingers left on his right hand from a hand grenade in Afghanistan. To this day I blame him for his lost digits. I say, " hey! Why did you join the army knowing you could lose a hand!". That poor buffoon knee it could happen!!!!!!!!!!??
Well all of my previous jobs were salary jobs so I could take a break whenever I wanted to, still not used to sitting for an hour

Holydriver

Again my issue is not taking the lunch, it is the narrow window that we are required to take the lunch in. I prefer to break my lunch into two sections, a 20 min after commercial which is anywhere from 11-12 and a 40 min right before pickups between 3 and 4
My center is great. We can take lunch whenever we w
Well all of my previous jobs were salary jobs so I could take a break whenever I wanted to, still not used to sitting for an hour
Yea its horrible. Especially a country driver. You sit in a cold ass truck by yourself unable to even start the truck and heater lest you have too much idle time. It's dumb

wayfair

swollen member

Thank God UPS isn't the US ARMY!!