Drivers Scorecard?

revolt

Anyone take the training on the new program to track RTD's speed? I just saw the memo last night on the "Drivers Scorecard" program. Looks like Fred and Big Brother are walking hand in hand on this one. GPS info from Webtech to track who's been naughty and nice when it comes to safety issues and fuel consumption. Just a fancy way to say we are checking who drives over the speed limit.

My big question is what kind of performance letter this will put in a drivers file?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Anyone take the training on the new program to track RTD's speed? I just saw the memo last night on the "Drivers Scorecard" program. Looks like Fred and Big Brother are walking hand in hand on this one. GPS info from Webtech to track who's been naughty and nice when it comes to safety issues and fuel consumption. Just a fancy way to say we are checking who drives over the speed limit.

My big question is what kind of performance letter this will put in a drivers file?

This is your "reward" for Ground having such a crappy FMCSA score...increased scrutiny by Express.

revolt

Silly me.

And here I thought this was just my reward for close to 2 decades of safe driving and being popular at the stations because I get them their frieght on time.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Silly me.

And here I thought this was just my reward for close to 2 decades of safe driving and being popular at the stations because I get them their frieght on time.

Compliance trumps performance. Even with 20 years of safe driving and excellent performance, they'd rather have a newbie they could pay less. Welcome to the company that cares.

revolt

Anyone who doesn't understand that has had their eyes closed for the last 10 years.

I fully underestand my role within the company. I'm an asset number with as much value to the company as the truck I drive. The company goal is to squeeze as much profit out of both of us as possible then replace us both with a more profitable unit.

I'm still wondering how this new letter 'em up policy works. I guess I'll have to suffer through another training/propaganda video.

bbsam

Staff member
This is your "reward" for Ground having such a crappy FMCSA score...increased scrutiny by Express.
Maybe. But my buddy drives for Old Dominion and they do the exact same thing. Probably just the wave of the future and soon all will be under the same scrutiny.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Maybe. But my buddy drives for Old Dominion and they do the exact same thing. Probably just the wave of the future and soon all will be under the same scrutiny.

Perhaps, but the enhanced scrutiny seems a bit too coincidental. The Express FMCSA score is far better than Ground's. My bet is that they are doing it to pick-off a few more senior employees, many of whom are concentrated in the RTD ranks.

revolt

it's fine with me. I can drive just as slow as they (think) they want me to.

There is more to this than just speed. The scorecard will track 3 things. Time spent over a set speed, hard accelerations and excessive idle time. The first 2 won't be an issue for me but the idle time thing will. I run a route in a cold environment during the middle of the night. I take my breaks in the truck and I like to have heat. The allowable idle time will be significantly less than the time I spend on company mandated breaks.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
yep, I hear ya...notice the trucks are being programmed to shut down after a few minutes idle.

keeps gettin better all the time

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
There is more to this than just speed. The scorecard will track 3 things. Time spent over a set speed, hard accelerations and excessive idle time. The first 2 won't be an issue for me but the idle time thing will. I run a route in a cold environment during the middle of the night. I take my breaks in the truck and I like to have heat. The allowable idle time will be significantly less than the time I spend on company mandated breaks.

Fred doesn't care if you are cold and uncomfortable. If you freeze to death, it will be preventable because you should have anticipated the weather and worn heavier clothing.

RTD

Perhaps, but the enhanced scrutiny seems a bit too coincidental. My bet is that they are doing it to pick-off a few more senior employees, many of whom are concentrated in the RTD ranks.
This is what many of my fellow RTD drivers are saying.