If I go into management…

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
If you're being laid off by the railroad there's a huge issue, and it's not on their end either.

My nephew is 2 months into his career with the railroad (CSAO/NS/CSX in North Jersey) and they are so short staffed that its panic mode everyday.
I know. I go to the rail yard and you never see the same people for more then 3 months. A few of the shifters who have been there 20+ but the rest of the faces are new every week.

Porknado

Everywhere. They hire them straight out of truck driving school.
They are even offering market rate adjustments so you are basically skipping the wage progression
Straight out of driving school? Well, there goes the safety rating. Look for Brown to be the next FedEx Ground in terms of accident rates.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Straight out of driving school? Well, there goes the safety rating. Look for Brown to be the next FedEx Ground in terms of accident rates.
It is because ups loves to keep new drivers on call or on layoff half the year. If they offered steady work to new hires they would attract the best.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
I’m just anticipating my next set of walking papers; but you’re right. Maybe I’m envisioning myself as Serpico when in all actuality, I’d be pushing termination letters into route boxes.

Again it may not be that dramatic. You would just be the one who has to tell the loaders with a straight face that it is possible to load 210 packages per hour while scanning every package and maintaining good load quality. Some supervisors are better than others anybody will tell you that. Like I said mine aren’t that bad. But when I need an advocate for the working man I still don’t go to them, I go to my steward.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Dear BrownCafe,

I, Misplaced, would like to apologize for creating this thread last night. I made a mistake. I was drunk and or wrong. I am a big giant snowflake that makes useless, non climactic posts on BC with no consistency or value. Please accept my apology. I would never go into management, as I am a sane individual of sound mind and judgement.

Fraternally,

@MisplacedRailWorker

quad decade guy

No matter how "cool" and "hip" and you think you will be easy and fair.......UPS will not let you be those things.

In the end.....you are the enemy and will have to be that way.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
can or cannot?
He cannot, he’s a conductor trainee (CT). After six months then he’ll be a seniority employee, on a list with a seniority date. from which he can bid a job, get bumped off of one, be furloughed put out of service offered relocation from the top forced from the bottom etc.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
He cannot, he’s a conductor trainee (CT). After six months then he’ll be a seniority employee, on a list with a seniority date. from which he can bid a job, get bumped off of one, be furloughed put out of service offered relocation from the top forced from the bottom etc.
How long you been laid off ?

quad decade guy

Around here on a major Interstate....there is at least once a week.....a rollover Fed -Ex Ground set. It is astonishing....

I will say though......I used to get passed by(blown by) FDXGRD every night....they have as a rule slowed down.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
What about the old UPS… back when drivers were treated with respect and given turkeys on thanksgiving. Can someone tell me from experiencing it if it was actually that way and what, or when did it stop
Just when I thought I was over it, you pull me right back in.

I’ll never forget you, UPS turkeys...