If I go into management…

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Straight out of driving school? Well, there goes the safety rating. Look for Brown to be the next FedEx Ground in terms of accident rates.
Ups does not record accidents anymore unless there is proven property damage. We've had 2 package cars in the last 4 months wrapped around trees by rookies and not a peep was said from management. If this is not corporate policy, let me introduce you to my center manager.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Ups does not record accidents anymore unless there is proven property damage. We've had 2 package cars in the last 4 months wrapped around trees by rookies and not a peep was said from management. If this is not corporate policy, let me introduce you to my center manager.

Really? Every time one of our drivers so much as hits a tree branch every center in our building hears about it.

PASinterference

Really? Every time one of our drivers so much as hits a tree branch every center in our building hears about it.
We all hear about it, but the accident is not recorded. Especially if it's a lunch skipping rookie. I guess that's how we are the safest drivers on the road.
Just last week, a rookie nearly sunk one in a pond. $500 wrecker bill. Not a peep was said.

Porknado

I was specifically referring to the FMCSA safety ratings, as compared to FXG who has been notoriously bad, presumably because of poor hiring, retention and management practices.

At present, by querying the SAFER system, UPS (DOT 21800) is sitting at 60 fatal crashes, 985 with injury, and 2761 overall, as reported to FMCSA over the past 24 months. Fedex Ground (DOT 265752) by contrast shows 82 fatal, 827 with injury, and 2509 overall, again as reported to FMCSA over the past 24 months.

Seems to me that FXG might be tightening up their operation a bit, while UPS is getting worse. Maybe dumping HR and and hiring green drivers with no experience isn’t the best for the safety rating.

PASinterference

I was specifically referring to the FMCSA safety ratings, as compared to FXG who has been notoriously bad, presumably because of poor hiring, retention and management practices.

At present, by querying the SAFER system, UPS (DOT 21800) is sitting at 60 fatal crashes, 985 with injury, and 2761 overall, as reported to FMCSA over the past 24 months. Fedex Ground (DOT 265752) by contrast shows 82 fatal, 827 with injury, and 2509 overall, again as reported to FMCSA over the past 24 months.

Seems to me that FXG might be tightening up their operation a bit, while UPS is getting worse. Maybe dumping HR and and hiring green drivers with no experience isn’t the best for the safety rating.
In my opinion, it's about the outrageous production push in the last few years by ups. Do anything to get that number. Management will look the other way until the big wreck happens, which is inevitable. Then, "we didn't train you that way." "Safety is first at ups" . Makes me wonder how these crooks sleep at night.
I guess you have to have a conscious to feel guilty though.

quad decade guy

In my opinion, it's about the outrageous production push in the last few years by ups. Do anything to get that number. Management will look the other way until the big wreck happens, which is inevitable. Then, "we didn't train you that way." "Safety is first at ups" . Makes me wonder how these crooks sleep at night.
I guess you have to have a conscious to feel guilty though.
Last few years?

Try last 40 year's at least...