Drivers with girlfriends, boyfriends, Husbands, wife’s what recommendations can you give someone who’s young? How do you make time for each other?

DriverNerd

You're so young to be worried about how the relationship is going to work. Any woman you date while you're working UPS driver hours and still decides to stay with you and continue a relationship will work long term. If she can't handle your hours now, she definitely won't be able to if children get added to the mix. As for making time for each other, that's easy. You have enough time off to see each other now. If you have kids, that's when you have to prioritize your relationship with whatever free time you have.

To sum up: Date. Find woman. If she sticks around for a couple years marry her. Live life. Die.

qdg2

You're so young to be worried about how the relationship is going to work. Any woman you date while you're working UPS driver hours and still decides to stay with you and continue a relationship will work long term. If she can't handle your hours now, she definitely won't be able to if children get added to the mix. As for making time for each other, that's easy. You have enough time off to see each other now. If you have kids, that's when you have to prioritize your relationship with whatever free time you have.

To sum up: Date. Find woman. If she sticks around for a couple years marry her. Live life. Die.
At 22 I already had 3 full time years in. Having a good job when you are young is nice. It allows you to have nice things. It allows you to go to nice places on dates......live in a nice place......girls(in my case) like these things too. Ok.

Add in college(it is possible) and your plate is overloaded.

Get married and all of the above will change again. Kids....well any hobbies or things that you and the girlfriend/wife/whatever liked to do......see where this is going?

My first marriage lasted 2 years(she liked the stuff). My current marriage is going on 34 years......

Find someone that accepts and understands 50-60 workweeks. Agrees your good job provides money and healthcare.

Folks(in general(not just UPS)) that have lot's of relationships and marriages......have lot's of other problems too. Being selfish with drug/alcohol problems will be for a lifetime(in many cases). Many times, folks that have problems at work....have problems at home. Angry at work....angry at home. Cheats at home....cheats at work.

0dVNyc0.jpeg

Hot Carl

From personal observations in life, I recommend the following:

Volunteer time for any charitable or philanthropic cause and meet women there.

Stay away from women who have tats and/or dye their hair weird colors.

Avoid women who have way too many bumper stickers on her car.

Avoid women who are into horses.
Boy ain't that the truth. My center manager is a woman with horses and is the most miserable, joyless sack of :censored2: I have ever known in my life.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I don't want to be negative, but you are looking to get married? Have you thought about losing your house, half of your income, and pay child support until the kid(s) turn 18?
So were you incapable of finding a woman to put up with you, or were you a crappy husband and got left by your wife?

Just curious.