Drug test for peak season Package Drivers in GA???

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
Your moral compass is pointing you towards hell. You need to seriously reconsider your life decisions.

You need treatment for your drug abuse and addiction.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Stop your drug use. If they suspect you, at any time, of being under the influence and test you, then you will be fired, and rightfully so. Grow up, you can kill more people than yourself in a PC.

Yawn, you sound like someone from DARE. If my experience is any indication of reality, I'm guessing 90% of all people asking about drug tests are NOT heroin, cocaine or meth users. They're pot heads. If you can't separate doobie from the hard stuff, you're ill-equipped to be preaching from your moral high ground.

Yes, pot will burn you on a drug test. Yes, if you need to pass a drug test, you got to quit smoking dope for at least a month if you carry fat. And if the drug test is a continual thing, you best quit until you find another job.

But upschuck, it's you that needs to grow up if you think some dope smoker is killing people. Your alcohol is a 100 times more likely to kill someone that a dude smoking a spliff. I would be extremely surprised if the people worried about pot are smoking while working. You should be too. As long as tobacco and booze are legal, quit yer moral yapping about marijuana.

It makes you sound like Officer Stendanko. And no, I don't expect you to get the reference.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
Yawn, you sound like someone from DARE. If my experience is any indication of reality, I'm guessing 90% of all people asking about drug tests are NOT heroin, cocaine or meth users. They're pot heads. If you can't separate doobie from the hard stuff, you're ill-equipped to be preaching from your moral high ground.

There's no difference in drugs. Drugs are drugs, legal (prescribed) or not.

Just because there's a majority of losers using a particular drug does not make it less dangerous.

upschuck

Yes, pot will burn you on a drug test. Yes, if you need to pass a drug test, you got to quit smoking dope for at least a month if you carry fat. And if the drug test is a continual thing, you best quit until you find another job.

But upschuck, it's you that needs to grow up if you think some dope smoker is killing people. Your alcohol is a 100 times more likely to kill someone that a dude smoking a spliff. I would be extremely surprised if the people worried about pot are smoking while working. You should be too. As long as tobacco and booze are legal, quit yer moral yapping about marijuana.

It makes you sound like Officer Stendanko. And no, I don't expect you to get the reference.
I have no idea what his drug of choice is, and I really do not care. It is illegal to drive a DOT vehicle with that stuff in your system. If he wants to do that, fine with me, just don't drive a vehicle as a profession. Just trying to help the guy out a little, and for him to keep his job. I gave no false information in my posts.

Just so you know, I don't need drugs, alcohol or cigarettes to make me feel good about myself. So your assumption that I am 100x more likely to kill someone than you is completely false.

Dracula

No, they are not going to drug test you. That's a fact. No matter what anybody else here says, they are not going to drug test you unless you drive a tractor trailer.

I must say though, you'll never make it at UPS if your idea of fun/relaxation/enjoyment of life is smoking a joint and sitting in front of the TV watching movies. Are you serious? What kind of life is that?

I used to smoke when I was in high school. A lot. But, that was high school. You are going to get nowhere in life by smoking weed and watching movies. No wonder the state of the country is what it is. None of our youth have any motivation.

My advice, get off of your couch and make something of your life.

I must assume you don't drink alcohol, right? If I weren't in feeders, nothing would be finer than sitting on the back porch while I'm BBQing, drinking a few brews and smoking a J. But I can't. I can live with that.
Life is all about compromises.

Weed is FAR more safer than booze. There's nothing wrong with smoking some doob and watching a movie. Hell, music never sounded better after getting high. As long as you have your priorities straight, there are no problems. Look at Colorado, Washington, California. The ball is already rolling downhill. You should probably step out of the way.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
No, they are not going to drug test you. That's a fact. No matter what anybody else here says, they are not going to drug test you unless you drive a tractor trailer..

Soz Mate but that is incorrect. In Georgia during the physical to get the DOT card one urinates into a cup and a strip is inserted into the urine to check for drugs.
I was involved in a serious accident on the job about 20 years ago( i was rear ended while stopped with my turn signal on,in the turning lane) and due to the damage done to the car that hit me and the injuries sustained by the people in the car even though I was not at fault I was drug tested

undies

Never been tested after 8+ years of driving full time, I also have nothing to worry about if they ever try to. Bottom line, they CAN if they suspect you are under the influence, there is no mandated drug test unless you go into FEEDER.

Dracula

Soz Mate but that is incorrect. In Georgia during the physical to get the DOT card one urinates into a cup and a strip is inserted into the urine to check for drugs.
I was involved in a serious accident on the job about 20 years ago( i was rear ended while stopped with my turn signal on,in the turning lane) and due to the damage done to the car that hit me and the injuries sustained by the people in the car even though I was not at fault I was drug tested

That strip they put in your pee cup was to check for diabetes. Checking blood sugar. You have to sign a sheet saying you are aware of a drug test. That hasn't changed in 28 years I've been with brown.