drug testing policy

Does anybody know the policies on drug testing for package car drivers and loaders? If a driver is involved in an accident are they drug tested and if so is it "one and done" if you fail? If a loader what are grounds to drug test?

wage EARNER

Do yourself and your co-workers a favor and STOP coming in to work stoned. Yes, the rest of us can tell when you're friend-ed up. And yes, marijuana does affect your behavior and ability to work, even the next day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Feeder drivers are subject to random testing.

Package car drivers are tested for cause, usually after an accident or if they come in to work and something isn't quite right.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Feeder drivers are subject to random testing.

Package car drivers are tested for cause, usually after an accident or if they come in to work and something isn't quite right.
Mechanics are subject to "random" testing as well. Strangely, it seems to happen after vacation or a prolonged absence.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Mechanics are subject to "random" testing as well. Strangely, it seems to happen after vacation or a prolonged absence.

Drivers I can understand but maybe if UPS would allow the mechanics to get high, meth out, and trip balls, we might actually get some trucks fixed! Hell, I'll even provide the snacks

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I just resent the degrading stuff we do to keep a good job.
When it's to keep people safe you have to take different measures.

I get drug tested a couple times a year at my other job. It's not degrading. Pee in a cup and go home.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
As a feeder driver, I got random tested about 2 times a year. Every couple of years they make us blow in a breathalyzer as well. And yeah, they catch drivers with alcohol in their system.

UPS4Life

As a feeder driver, I got random tested about 2 times a year. Every couple of years they make us blow in a breathalyzer as well. And yeah, they catch drivers with alcohol in their system.
I had a drug test couple months after I started driving then the next month caught me as I started with another then had to do a breathalyzer. Caught me off guard since I didn't have to the month before but I know the driving gig I have, no chance is worth the risk.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Drivers I can understand but maybe if UPS would allow the mechanics to get high, meth out, and trip balls, we might actually get some trucks fixed! Hell, I'll even provide the snacks
200nhjuikol.gif

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
You really would want to drive something worked on by someone on drugs? You have a lot to learn about being a mechanic.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I can also assure you the mechanics are doing the best they can with the hand they are dealt. Shall I start in on low quality, abusive driving which adds to my already overwhelming workload?