early results

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I think about how everyone treats everyone else ... all the time.

I know how management treated the employees that reported to them.

Management are employees, so I know how I was treated and how I treated those that reported to me.

UPS expects a lot from all their employees - salaried and wage-earners, union and non-union, management and non-management.

There is a lot of stress on everyone and it radiates out in all directions, from all employees to all other employees.

UPS is a large corporation of some 400,000 individuals all interacting in a stressful environment treating others as they tend to be treated by others.

Thank you. Always wanted to ask a management person that question. Most respect.

oldupsman

For the comprehension challenged, which seems to include TOS:

This was not a prediction.
It was taken from the Teamster site at the time of my post.
​The vote tally was 5 Yes and 4 No.

But you're right, I was trying to be funny which differentiates me from many others on here who are not trying to be funny.
I've been laughing my butt off for a couple months now ... and still laughing.

I always wondered about your avatar. Was just in Atlanta for a short stint. How often you get to the Vortex?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I always wondered about your avatar. Was just in Atlanta for a short stint. How often you get to the Vortex?

3 or 4 times a year.
I lead workshops on street photography in the Little 5 Points area and I hit The Vortex when I can.

I usually have the ​Double Bypass Burger.

My wife will not go there because they allow smoking.

oldupsman

3 or 4 times a year.
I lead workshops on street photography in the Little 5 Points area and I hit The Vortex when I can.

I usually have the ​Double Bypass Burger.

My wife will not go there because they allow smoking.

I never saw so much bleu cheese on a burger in my life.

moreluck

golden ticket member
[h=1]UPS Teamsters Approve Contract Removing Strike Threat[/h]By Mary Jane Credeur - Jun 25, 2013
United Parcel Service Inc. (UPS) Teamsters workers approved a five-year contract that covers 250,000 employees, removing the risk of a possible strike and a drop in volumes at the world’s largest package-shipping company.
The union announced preliminary results today, saying the accord received a majority of the votes cast, without giving details. Counting will conclude tomorrow, the Teamsters said.
A running tally on the Teamsters website showed 34,037 votes favoring the contract and 29,576 against it at 3:30 p.m. in Atlanta, where UPS is based. The company didn’t immediately have a comment on the voting results.
The contract takes effect on Aug. 1 and includes raises totaling $3.90 per hour over the five years, which adds up to $25,000 for certain full-time drivers over the life of the agreement, the union has said. The accord also creates 2,350 full-time jobs.
UPS wanted to win ratification before the current accord expires in July, to reassure customers who might have begun shifting deliveries to FedEx Corp. (FDX) ahead of a possible walkout. A two-week Teamsters strike in 1997 cost about $650 million, UPS said at the time.

__._,_.___