1. The postings on BrownCafe are the personal opinions of individuals and don't necessarily represent UPS positions, strategies or opinions.

early retirement buyout...what is the latest rumor?

Discussion in 'The Archives' started by insider, May 14, 2003.

1. insider

insider Guest

rumor mill. meeting this week regarding buyout.
  2. peacock71

peacock71 Guest

Its official. The Early Retirement Option is available. Just submit a letter with your resignation. Anyone can do it!

Other paths to ERO:
    1. Harass Somebody.
    2. Steal something.
    3. Romance an employee (of any race, sex, or gender)
    4. Just don't show up

Go UPS!
    P71
    [​IMG]
  3. peacock71

peacock71 Guest

Oops ..forgot the old standby...

Fake some numbers - pretty much any kind will do.

Go UPS!
    P71
  4. oldupsman

oldupsman Guest

I've been hearing the exact opposite from my friends in management. They are all scared UPS is going to up the retirement age to 57.
  5. moreluck

moreluck Guest

OOOOOOOOOOOO, why not try pumping the gas on site into your personal vehicle.
    [​IMG]
  6. wkmac

wkmac Guest

"3. Romance an employee "

Otherwise known as "Fishing off the Company Dock!"

[​IMG] at P71 and More luck
  7. peacock71

peacock71 Guest

One exception, if you 'romance' the District Manager be sure not to kiss his ass, then you'll get promoted instead of retired...

Go UPS!
    P71
    [​IMG]
  8. tieguy

tieguy Guest

Now you tell me!!!!!
  9. proups

proups Guest

After the 1995 debacle, I don't see UPS doing any type of early retirement or buyout again.
  10. upsdawg

upsdawg Guest

I have heard that the age will increase to 57 for retirement and that because of that, anyone who would be effected would be given an early out option---I don't know if that means anyone over 50 would be eligible or if there are some other qualifiers, like >20 years or what the "strings' would be.

If this means that UPS would benefit from a financial tax basis I could see this as being a reality---but I have not heard any rumors to this effect for awhile.

The 95 offer was a learning experience for UPS and I think that we lost some very key people---I wouldn't be surprised to see UPS put some stringent guidelines on the next offer---like no one from BD or IS or????

Only time will tell!!
  11. tieguy

tieguy Guest

I wouldn't be surprised to see the 57 age come in for the newer management folks. Keep in mind the young folks have one thing we didn't have our entire careers. The 401 K. In todays world a new sup with the 401 K and his MIP can still do very well by the time he/she retires.
  12. upsdawg

upsdawg Guest

Don't forget that we had the "Thrift" Plan!!! $6 a week---I know that it is not the same as a 401 K or being able to purchase UPS Shares at a discouted rate-----the times have definitely changed.

I have not heard anything about an offer for awhile------rather strange that FedX has just announced an ERO!!!
  13. peacock71

peacock71 Guest

UPS always says we 'meet or beat the competition'...maybe we should outdo them here also! 80 and out!

Go UPS!
    P71
    [​IMG]