Early Retirement.

Thebrownblob

Some of the agreed to issues have been made public and among them was the end of the use of personal vehicle delivery.
Interesting I’ve heard nothing about that, you would think I would have. Are you sure you’re not confusing 22.4 drivers? We were just discussing this suspiciously absent update about PVDs on agreed upon articles.

bacha29

Interesting I’ve heard nothing about that, you would think I would have. Are you sure you’re not confusing 22.4 drivers? We were just discussing this suspiciously absent update about PVDs on agreed upon articles.
You need to check with your local for confirmation regarding published reports stating that the 22.4's and the PVD's will be eliminated. It's ironic that after your harsh criticism and rude comments here you are looking at me for information.

More importantly the information I tried to call your attention to was indeed public information derived from copyrighted reports from credible sources.

Spam

According to a You Tube video released by the Teamsters themselves UPS market share is 37% while Fedex share is 33%. . I and I'm sure a lot of people were surprised to learn that Fedex has drawn this close to UPS.

It's my understanding that under the proposed new contract UPS will no longer use PVD's. At the same time however FDX Ground contractors can and have used them under the guise of subcontracting. If there is a strike an expanded use of PVD operators could give FDX some additional capacity.

There is no question that all the major carriers combined could not absorb the entire 37% market share but they might be able to absorb enough of it to significantly reduce the impact of a Teamsters strike.

If it turns out that the much anticipated 11th hour offer was ruse all along we will quickly discover the capabilities of the other carriers either individually or through cooperative agreements.

Attachments

• IMG_5719.png
    IMG_5719.png
    350.9 KB · Views: 36

Thebrownblob

You need to check with your local for confirmation regarding published reports stating that the 22.4's and the PVD's will be eliminated. It's ironic that after your harsh criticism and rude comments here you are looking at me for information.

More importantly the information I tried to call your attention to was indeed public information derived from copyrighted reports from credible sources.
Lol OK I’ll check with myself. Again, you’re an absolute idiot and say idiotic things. At least you never disappoint. Like I said, you have 22.4’s mixed up with PVDs. The only announcement we have is that 22.4 will be gone if the contract is ratified. PVD is still unknown as to any agreement.

Last edited:

bacha29

Lol OK I’ll check with myself. Again, you’re an absolute idiot and say idiotic things. At least you never disappoint. Like I said, you have 22.4’s mixed up with PVDs. The only announcement we have is that 22.4 will be gone if the contract is past. PVD is still unknown as to any agreement.
Past what? The picket lines the scab will be driving past to go in load up their cars and pickups and go deliver?
And BTW I do know the difference between the 22.4 and PVD. So go get clarification from your local .Eliminating the 22.4's and not the PVD's makes no sense and will do nothing to help your cause.

If I'm such an idiot then why did you come to me seeking more in depth information? So who's the idiot now?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Lol OK I’ll check with myself. Again, you’re an absolute idiot and say idiotic things. At least you never disappoint. Like I said, you have 22.4’s mixed up with PVDs. The only announcement we have is that 22.4 will be gone if the contract is ratified. PVD is still unknown as to any agreement.
You are rude.

Thebrownblob

Past what? The picket lines the scab will be driving past to go in load up their cars and pickups and go deliver?
And BTW I do know the difference between the 22.4 and PVD. So go get clarification from your local .Eliminating the 22.4's and not the PVD's makes no sense and will do nothing to help your cause.

If I'm such an idiot then why did you come to me seeking more in depth information? So who's the idiot now?
I came to you seeking information lol? Again, you’re the only idiot here. There’s no agreement that has been announced eliminating PVDs . Do you understand now? Do you know what the 22.4 is? It has nothing to do with the PVD maroon 😂!

Doubleparkedrunner

Sounds good. The consensus on here is always go. Express is just too iffy. If all goes well I should hear back in a couple of days. Starting pre load sort. Then go from there. Do they still have functions that work inside the building and drive? Or is new contract stuff cut and dry: handler or package car?
I left Fedex (ground) some years ago and it was the best decision i ever made.

DM me if you'd like ; we've got a lot in common as far as work history , age , etc.

I can probably ease any doubts or fears you have from making the switch and can most likely tell you some pitfalls to avoid.

UnionStrong

Look at UPS and look at FedEx and tell me which one of us is bizarre and stupid? Take your fat ass back to your couch and play some more. Zelda knucklehead Lol. How to be a pretend business owner, who can pull himself up by his bootstraps, except you’re not, FedEx tells you what to do. You’re a FedEx employee with none of the benefits idiot.
He’s a pimp.

bacha29

I came to you seeking information lol? Again, you’re the only idiot here. There’s no agreement that has been announced eliminating PVDs . Do you understand now? Do you know what the 22.4 is? It has nothing to do with the PVD maroon 😂!
Go back and look at posts #80 and 82.
You can call me anything you want because the negative reflection is on you.
It all comes down to the following questions that will be answered in the coming days and all the bluster and bragging in the world will not impact it.

1. Walking out is one thing but how long can you keep them out?
2. Can you keep the strike peaceful?
3. How many brown shirts go over to FDX Ground and hire on as contractor employed temporary drivers as a way to ride out
the strike? After all they're "at will" employees free to do whatever is best for them.
. 4.How long will it be until you see one or two of your own guys cross the line one day followed by 3-4 everyday afterward until
after week 4 your entire picket line consists of 2 guys, a case of beer and a burn barrel?

Thebrownblob

Go back and look at posts #80 and 82.
You can call me anything you want because the negative reflection is on you.
It all comes down to the following questions that will be answered in the coming days and all the bluster and bragging in the world will not impact it.

1. Walking out is one thing but how long can you keep them out?
2. Can you keep the strike peaceful?
3. How many brown shirts go over to FDX Ground and hire on as contractor employed temporary drivers as a way to ride out
the strike? After all they're "at will" employees free to do whatever is best for them.
. 4.How long will it be until you see one or two of your own guys cross the line one day followed by 3-4 everyday afterward until
after week 4 your entire picket line consists of 2 guys, a case of beer and a burn barrel?
Hey knucklehead, what does this have to do with you saying there’s an announced agreement on the PVDs? There’s not, and you made it up and now you’re trying to cover your tracks with a bunch of wind coming out of your mouth. The fact that you don’t know what you’re talking about you’re dumber than a stump and you just continue to dig a hole.

UnionStrong

Hey knucklehead, what does this have to do with you saying there’s an announced agreement on the PVDs? There’s not, and you made it up and now you’re trying to cover your tracks with a bunch of wind coming out of your mouth. The fact that you don’t know what you’re talking about you’re dumber than a stump and you just continue to dig a hole.
Ole’ Windbag

bacha29

Look, I'm giving you the opportunity to once and for all prove conclusively that you do in fact know more about the matter than I do (I never said you didn't) by simply answering the 4 questions I presented to you.

Thebrownblob

Look, I'm giving you the opportunity to once and for all prove conclusively that you do in fact know more about the matter than I do (I never said you didn't) by simply answering the 4 questions I presented to you.
I don’t give a rats ass about your stupid questions. 😂