Easy Christmas....

FedExer267

Sam I am. I know all the Contractors in my building they are not that hard to spot especially when they pull in the driveway in their BMW's, Hummers, jaguar's, and their lifted pick up trucks. There is one contractor in my building that pays per piece his drivers pull in a thousand are over weekly. So getting a job with him is difficult because his drivers dont want to leave. He gives them paid holidays, 2 weeks paid vacation and has a benefit plan for them in addition to bonuses. Then there are the rest who offer 500 a week and those that offer 600 a week with no bonuses paid holidays are vacation. Fortunatley for the 500 a week crowd their guys dont realize that if they work over 62.5 hours they are making below minium wage which entitles them to overtime in the state of CA per the labor board. Every Contractor gives you a diffrent story on what they make per piece, per stop and etc. The funny thing is half these Contractors dont realize what they tell you because you do the math and you cant tell me there is no way they are not making enough to pay your salary. My personal favorite is I make 18 cents a piece and thats it, so baically the average route is making 40 bucks a day. Ya dont think so even a maroon would not of got into this business for that.
I dont know all the Contractors all over America no. However I know the ones in my building and like I said the average Contractor in my building is a cheap skate. There is one good one in my building period.

vantexan

Are you sure that you know enough contractors to discuss what the "average contractor" does and doesn't do?

He probably knows enough drivers locally to conclude that others in other locations feel the same way. I'm certain that most drivers nationwide are like the fat kid in Animal House who exclaims "Boy, this is great!!" but what do I know?

vantexan

There is one contractor in my building that pays per piece his drivers pull in a thousand are over weekly. So getting a job with him is difficult because his drivers dont want to leave. He gives them paid holidays, 2 weeks paid vacation and has a benefit plan for them in addition to bonuses.

Heck I'd leave Express to work for him!