Every Retiree Should Have a Job

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Why Every Retiree Should Have a Job

Part-time work benefits your mind, body, and bank account.
Everyone looks forward to retirement. After working hard for four or five decades, it’s finally time to embrace a more leisurely lifestyle. No more early alarms, meetings, or deadlines. It’s just you—out on the golf course, in the garden, taking care of your grandkids. It’s perfect.

Except, what if it’s not? What if the things you’ve looked forward to all these years—more time for your hobbies, more time to travel, more time to relax—aren’t enough to sustain you? It’s a common question among retirees, which is why more and more people are abandoning full-time retirement in favor of part-time work.

Find the right role with these tips.
1. It Provides a Sense of Purpose
2. It Connects You With People
3. It Gives You a Financial Cushion (or More Spending Money!)
4. You Realize How Much You Have to Offer

Last edited:

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I think whatever you do before you retire is what you do after you retire, only more of it.
If all you do is work, eat, and sleep, when you take the work equation out, lots of folks find themselves in a funk.

Shiftless

I agree! Keep Working till you PUKE! SS is in need of extra monies for me to draw off!

I purposely planned not to work as soon as I could! Been over 13 years and see NO REASON to work FOR ME!

Working never gave me a sense of purpose. Things that gave me a Sense of purpose came from my Beliefs taking care of Family and doing the Right thing!

Connecting with people? I do more of that with people I enjoy then I ever have since I retired, working more would put me in touch with people I may not want to be around!

Financial cushion? At the point in your life when you retire, your cushion should have been long completed.

You realize how much we have to offer? I have found it makes it easier when retired and you are not working to participate and help others now that time is on ones side.

When you retire? Stay Busy! Give Back! Follow your passion! Blink of an Eye is a REAL DEAL!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
So many are defined by the job they have and when its over , they are like lost puppies in a thunderstorm.
You see this a lot in feeders, guys working 60 hour weeks bragging about how much money they make but they have no life outside of work. A lot of these guys end up working past their full retirement date because they don't know what else to do.

old levi's

blank space
Why Every Retiree Should Have a Job

Part-time work benefits your mind, body, and bank account.
Everyone looks forward to retirement. After working hard for four or five decades, it’s finally time to embrace a more leisurely lifestyle. No more early alarms, meetings, or deadlines. It’s just you—out on the golf course, in the garden, taking care of your grandkids. It’s perfect.

Except, what if it’s not? What if the things you’ve looked forward to all these years—more time for your hobbies, more time to travel, more time to relax—aren’t enough to sustain you? It’s a common question among retirees, which is why more and more people are abandoning full-time retirement in favor of part-time work.

Find the right role with these tips.
1. It Provides a Sense of Purpose
2. It Connects You With People
3. It Gives You a Financial Cushion (or More Spending Money!)
4. You Realize How Much You Have to Offer

Let all them sumbeeches pick up some part-time work, I was custom built for full time retirement!
I was already working while in high school, and retired pkg. at age 64.
I stay busy with many varied projects, and go camping someplace different every month.
Every time I go to Lowe's they shout out my name, just like Norm on Cheers.
When I go to Waffle House they call out my order to the cook before I even sit down.

I thought retirement was going to be great, but it leaves great in the freakin' dust.

Last edited: