EXCLUSIVE: UPS Workers Caught On Video Handling Holiday Packages Without Care

bumped

It did toss a box at a house this week (about 4 feet)out of frustration. I did feel bad about it right afterward only because I could have been on video. People not shoveling their walkways within 5 days after a snowfall just got to me.

It did toss a box at a house this week (about 4 feet)out of frustration. I did feel bad about it right afterward only because I could have been on video. People not shoveling their walkways within 5 days after a snowfall just got to me.

If falling on snow and ice vs proper hand to surface techniques are the judging factor then the Govenor grants you a pardon.

jaker

trolling
You guys got to remember the truck only has one stop at a time , so there should be no reason for all those boxes in it

MassWineGuy

That's it? Just because they're piled a little sloppy doesn't mean the packages were thrown or kicked. I'm a reporter by training and background and all I have to say is that this seems to be a non-story.

Anyone who has never dumped out a pile of boxes ,perhaps in the manor this Madera Guy wannabe reporter describes, has never had to work out of a bricked out peak load package car and needs to help themselves to a serving of stfu..

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Lol. If the general public saw the inside of a ups fedex or USPS operation they wouldn't want to ship anything. Th same as the wouldn't want to eat meat if they went inside a slaughterhouse. The thing is we need things and we also need to eat. Whatever
Also if the general public ever saw the kitchen of a Chinese food restaurant, they'd never eat it again

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
This is 1 of 2 things;

1.Packages LIB because they wouldn't all fit into the trucks, being shuttled out to a meet point for multiple drivers.
2.A late trailer or 3 arriving at the center due to the weather and the center team doing all they can to get the volume out. If you just keep the trailers until the next day that next day gets even worse than planned.

Now the shuttle driver (99.9% of the time a seasonal) tossing the packages onto the ground has the easy job. He doesn't have to reload and resort and deliver. If my shuttle driver did that I would have ripped him one so large you could drive that bulk truck through then I would get medieval on his arse!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You know I agree these packages were not handled properly but the story is pathetic.

Leaving the packages on the snowy muddy ground. (Oh no) They just let them sit in puddles for minutes. (The horror) Plus standing in front of a ups store to do a story on drivers that have nothing to do with the ups store.

90% of these people that complain and do these stories would piss themselves when looking at peak season load in most of our trucks. That's not an excuse that's just a fact.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do you have anything positive about drivers? You have no Idea if the driver did that or the store workers. The store employee may have gotten pissed and pushed it out of the stockroom. Ive seen them do it.

I know the details behind the delivery which is why I posted what I did.

I make the mall drop box pickup and just happened to see the pile sitting outside the door.

There's a difference.

Was the delivery in a pile because a driver was lazy and/or unprofessional in his delivery?

or

Did the store personnel not have any room inside and had the driver stack them for them to work there way through?

My route was all retail and at retail peak I stacked more than my share outside of doors for the folks to bring in as they could.