EXCLUSIVE: UPS Workers Caught On Video Handling Holiday Packages Without Care

Marne Vet

I know about this stop as I have delivered it before. It varies from as few as 120 to as many as 250 packages. You back up as close to the door as you can, scan and place the packages inside the door. The employees have a handcart similar to our mall handcart (4 wheel dolly) and then load as many as they can and bring them in to the store. We repeat this until they are all delivered inside the door and signed for. No way would I ever leave until they are all inside the door.

So you didn't make that delivery that day right? You have no first-hand knowledge of how backed-up that hallway was, or why he couldn't get them all to fit inside the door? Maybe the driver was hustling his ass off and the workers inside couldn't get to them fast enough. Maybe he had airs, or another bulk stop he needed to get off. What I'm eluding to is that you don't know why some of that stop was outside the door, yet you felt comfortable to criticize him on how he made that stop. Just because you're asinine enough to wait until every package gets inside the door, does't mean you're right. My center manager would literally laugh at you if you told him you wait until every package gets inside the door. He'll say "Get as much in as you can, get a signature, and get going". Do you find it even the slightest bit arrogant to take a picture of another driver making a stop without knowing all the details? Especially when there's absolutely nothing wrong with leaving packages outside the door once the consignee signs and accepts responsibility for them?! Nothing wrong with that picture, or the driver leaving after he got a signature. Stop acting so arrogant and like the Messenger of Methods on here.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Once again the public has no idea what we go through on a daily basis. Probably another Stevie Wonder load by those suckazzzzzzz loaders like normal. Ive done operation reload like that a million times in the past because of a total idiot load. Im not saying it was right that they did that when it was wet outside. I would at least try n come up with an alternate way of doing that if i could if the weather was wet out that day. But if they had to do that, that day it is what it is.

phox1515

customers will never be happy... they have 2 choices, we can handle with care and take much much longer or we can get it to them asap and the box MIGHT be a little battered or a little wet, but as long as the contents inside the packages are fine then i'd say we did a damn good job... i would challenge any of the people involved with that report to try a drivers job for just half a day... i bet they couldn't do it even 1/4 as good.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
customers will never be happy... they have 2 choices, we can handle with care and take much much longer or we can get it to them asap and the box MIGHT be a little battered or a little wet, but as long as the contents inside the packages are fine then i'd say we did a damn good job... i would challenge any of the people involved with that report to try a drivers job for just half a day... i bet they couldn't do it even 1/4 as good.
lol
especially the bolded
goal.png

565898-8a12babc-5705-11e3-ba26-b7fc4856beca.jpg

Field-Goal.jpg

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
If any driver here tries to say he/she never tossed a package, I may have to violate the TOS!:devil3:

I've caught myself tossing light plastic bags with clothes in them and had to focus on not... "hand to surface..." I see those home security cameras everywhere now that the cable companies are getting in on it.

Sent from Nexus 7 using BrownCafe mobile app

Squint

No more work for me!
I just happened to see the pile as I was driving around the back side of the mall to make the drop box pickup.

The only time that I post while on the clock is if I am sitting waiting for a drop box pickup.

Why did you get there early? Are you completely done when you are there, sitting and waiting?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
If any driver here tries to say he/she never tossed a package, I may have to violate the TOS!:devil3:
Oh the horror!!! First we get caught tossing a package. Then we ruin Christmas for this great nation. What next? Are going to get crucified for making a left hand turn?

Z

ZQXC

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
Tough spot to be in. How was the wally driver supposed to unload the stops by himself? Was he really supposed to get up and down the Wally with 1 package at a time? The center manager had to realize this when the wally and meet point was being set up.

I know I'd have done the same, but I would have tried to make the "pile" look a little more organized by dropping the packages into columns. Still, it doesn't look like the driver was unloading out of anger, just frustration. Sucks to be him.

The bottom ones broke the fall of the other ones. The bottom ones could have been pillows.

Also the puddle wasn't that bad. If she wanted a real story, she should have got a bucket of water and made it bigger.

One more thing. That guy could have been a sup or a seasonal driver. You don't see guys in brown doing it.

Got to love the news team!!

We need Ron burgundy out there!!