Expanding natural gas by 30%

UPS4Life

Ups is looking to add 12 new fueling stations and 1400 vehicles!

"UPS plans to deploy new CNG vehicles in 15 cities. The cities are Atlanta, Georgia; Charleston, West Virginia; Dallas, Texas; Denver, Colorado; Doraville, Georgia; Lenexa, Kansas; Lexington, Kentucky; Montgomery, Alabama; New Orleans, Louisiana; New Stanton, Pennsylvania; Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; Port Allen, Louisiana; Shreveport, Louisiana; Richmond, Virginia and Roanoke, Virginia."

Read more: http://www.environmentalleader.com/2015/04/03/ups-increases-alt-fuel-fleet-30/#ixzz3WG5n8giG

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPS4Life

I'm surprised my center hasn't seen any. A fueling station just went in a quarter mile from the building.
UPS is putting fueling stations in at the buildings. For the most part I would assume only buildings that have such a fuel station would use the package cars or feeders.

Sent using BrownCafe App

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Our mechanics wont work on lng tractors inside the shop. They have to do everything outside. We are not a lng center

MoarTape

I'm surprised my center hasn't seen any. A fueling station just went in a quarter mile from the building.

There's a fuel station right next to NewPA and another nine miles down the road. We're supposed to get 80 tractors and they're supposedly putting them in service before the fueling stations are even done. Guess they're tired of drivers waiting over an hour for tractors..

spif91

We have 25 of out 62 that we are suppose to get....Adding Fast Fill pumps here at the hub to go with the other CNG pumps that are already here for the pkg cars. I'm fueling at a couple of Loves truckstops until they finish the new pumps....KW CNG's

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We just got a fully electric UPS truck in our hub, got charging cables in two lineup slots. Talked to the mechanics and said it's actually really nice to drive, picks up speed and has a 4cycle generator on board.

MaceFremonti

There's a fuel station right next to NewPA and another nine miles down the road. We're supposed to get 80 tractors and they're supposedly putting them in service before the fueling stations are even done. Guess they're tired of drivers waiting over an hour for tractors..

Where exactly is that? Down the hill by Subway or over the bridge?

MoarTape

Where exactly is that? Down the hill by Subway or over the bridge?

It's actually at the service plaza on the turnpike right before the New Stanton exit. Right before the exit is probably what I should have said. I hear they plan on using the one that's nine miles down the road on 70.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Ups is looking to add 12 new fueling stations and 1400 vehicles!

"UPS plans to deploy new CNG vehicles in 15 cities. The cities are Atlanta, Georgia; Charleston, West Virginia; Dallas, Texas; Denver, Colorado; Doraville, Georgia; Lenexa, Kansas; Lexington, Kentucky; Montgomery, Alabama; New Orleans, Louisiana; New Stanton, Pennsylvania; Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; Port Allen, Louisiana; Shreveport, Louisiana; Richmond, Virginia and Roanoke, Virginia."

Read more: http://www.environmentalleader.com/2015/04/03/ups-increases-alt-fuel-fleet-30/#ixzz3WG5n8giG

Sent using BrownCafe App
Ugh, LNG trucks suck. We are getting 15 new tractors this month, luckily 9 of them are diesel. Hopefully I can get one of those.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
We have 25 of out 62 that we are suppose to get....Adding Fast Fill pumps here at the hub to go with the other CNG pumps that are already here for the pkg cars. I'm fueling at a couple of Loves truckstops until they finish the new pumps....KW CNG's
Why do yall call them CNG? We have LNG, is there a difference?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Why do yall call them CNG? We have LNG, is there a difference?

LNG - Liquid Natural Gas

CNG - Compressed Natural Gas

It just refers to the way it is stored in the tanks. CNG is pressurized to over 3000 psi in the tanks.

LNG is stored as a liquid. A really cold liquid.

LNG gives better "gas" mileage and you can store over twice as much LNG in the same size tanks as CNG. ie, you can go farther per tank.

MaceFremonti

It's actually at the service plaza on the turnpike right before the New Stanton exit. Right before the exit is probably what I should have said. I hear they plan on using the one that's nine miles down the road on 70.

Never knew the service plaza had that. Have to check it out on Monday.