Extended break on Dec 26th???

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by iruhnman630, Dec 25, 2012.

1. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Active Member

This has been an issue before.

Deliveries are typically very light on Dec 26th, meaning a long break between deliveries and pickups.

What is the right thing to do: take extra unpaid break beyond the 50 minutes, or get paid for the downtime between the end of break and pickups?

As far as I'm concerned if we are being told to sit and wait for pickups, we should be gettin paid to sit and wait.

2. cachsux

cachsux Wah

You get whatever contracted break and lunch you normally get. The rest is on the clock.

3. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Yeah I'll take my hour break but u bet all the rest will be paid and it'll be at least 8 hours I'm paid for. Hoping for the day off though.

4. sortaisle

sortaisle Livin the cardboard dream

We cut 34 routes. I'm sure the guys that are working are going to get the sausage.

5. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

The more management screws up with dispatch the more you make, this is just another example.

6. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

And by the way, you have not thanked me lately for your financial largess!

7. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I took an extra hour of unpaid break. I got a message that I could drive around and pull stops off a bunch of people and drive back for the pickups. I was warm and comfy, so I drank some more coffee and chillaxed.

8. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Sorry, been to busy figuring out what to do with all this extra 401k money they stopped taking out.

9. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Have them set up a meet point without using your phone, it will take them an hour just to figure that out.

10. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

No need for extra break here. Had missed businesses and worked 11 hours.

11. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

You get allowed time as long as the wheels are turning.

12. bumped

bumped Well-Known Member

I know its too late now....Just make sure you message in you have down time, and ask What do you want me to do?

13. I did this today. Last pickup 6pm, no earlier. Finished at 3:25. Messaged that I was finished, waiting for instructions and willing to help. They sent me across town to take 6 stops off someone. Did it, got back to my area around 5:15, messaged again that I was waiting for instructions, I heard nothing. Drank coffee and waited out front of my 6pm pickup... What a great day

14. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

Delivered 58 stops and 80 parcels yesterday while putting on 205 miles. Eight pickups resulting in 75 parcels. Wanted me to 05 my time card even though I worked 10 hours.

15. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

This is how you do it.

16. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Yes