Eye in the Sky

rocket man

So one of my fellow drivers was given a driver follow-up for an address that the route next to him had delivered. Included in the packet was an aerial photo of th package car at the address with a time stamp. Is this common practice now, anybody have any info on this?

who really cares.

satellitedriver

who really cares.

For one, me.
I have always cared that I was dealing with other peoples "stuff" and was expected to meet UPS standards in doing so.
I have gone through the days that LP would stop you on route and take the last 2 pages of paper delivery records and back track all the stops.
No big deal.
Flash forward to the present.
Now, I can be tracked-(and the pkgs)- remotely.
Again, no big deal.
UPS has changed it's business model and the way it wishes to monitor drivers,
but,
I have not changed the way I care for the pkgs and my customers.
The improvement of technology has only given me verifiable proof that I do my job/career correctly, no matter how poorly the technology was used to plan my dispatch.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

For one, me.
I have always cared that I was dealing with other peoples "stuff" and was expected to meet UPS standards in doing so.
I have gone through the days that LP would stop you on route and take the last 2 pages of paper delivery records and back track all the stops.
No big deal.
Flash forward to the present.
Now, I can be tracked-(and the pkgs)- remotely.
Again, no big deal.
UPS has changed it's business model and the way it wishes to monitor drivers,
but,
I have not changed the way I care for the pkgs and my customers.
The improvement of technology has only given me verifiable proof that I do my job/career correctly, no matter how poorly the technology was used to plan my dispatch.

Your attitude is slipping here sat... care to explain...are you getting tired of tie???:happy-very:Just kidding but you do seem to have a slant in your posts of lately.

S

speeddemon

So one of my fellow drivers was given a driver follow-up for an address that the route next to him had delivered. Included in the packet was an aerial photo of th package car at the address with a time stamp. Is this common practice now, anybody have any info on this?

I have had one of these and the GPS said that I delivered it in another town I have never been too. Billion dollar system at its finest.

JustTired

free at last.......
All of this technology is great. And the cost to have it must be outrageous.
But one simple fact remains.......

It still takes a real person to operate the vehicle and deliver the pkgs.
And I don't see that changing anytime soon.