Failed 2nd pre-employment screening-on topic

booboo

I worked at UPS as seasonal temp help last christmas during my senior year of high school. I reapplied after graduation for part-time package handler. I was told during the interview I wouldn't need to take another drug test due to previous results. But about a week later I received a call from someone at the interview center, they told me that I did in fact need to take another drug test. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, but this was a week after my graduation and I had smoked pot once at a graduation party, and I was seriously shocked when I failed the test. Does anyone know UPS's policy on this? Is there anyone I can call and talk to?

booboo

would my prescribed ADHD medication possibly cause failed test? They didn't even tell me what I was positive for, lab corp just called and said I failed the test???

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I worked at UPS as seasonal temp help last christmas during my senior year of high school. I reapplied after graduation for part-time package handler. I was told during the interview I wouldn't need to take another drug test due to previous results. But about a week later I received a call from someone at the interview center, they told me that I did in fact need to take another drug test. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, but this was a week after my graduation and I had smoked pot once at a graduation party, and I was seriously shocked when I failed the test. Does anyone know UPS's policy on this? Is there anyone I can call and talk to?
My advice is quit doing drugs and find another job.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
So we should give these MF's a pass, because they don't drive?
That is a highly-probable scenario in many locations.
It is hard to get P/Timers in some locations.
Remove that disqualification and you may double your acceptance rate from interviews.

Mostly, it's a business decision that does not include your opinions which are limited by your life experiences.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
would my prescribed ADHD medication possibly cause failed test? They didn't even tell me what I was positive for, lab corp just called and said I failed the test???
Yes. And they ask you what medicine you take before you are tested it's part of the paperwork you sign. The MRO (medical review officer) who was legally required to contact you would be the person to ask that question. I'm starting to think this whole story is BS.

booboo

Not BS, I was never contact by any medical review officer. just employee from lab corp call to say my drug test was positive. And no one asked me about any meds I take before the test. I take Vyvance, I know it's controlled because of hoops I have to jump through to get it every month.
And Billy Ray, you must be exhausted. Takes a lot of energy to be that angry all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

booboo

Got to get some sleep, so I can actually be a meaningful part of the the work force tomorrow.
Why don't you fire up another blunt?
Your right, UPS was just a part time job for me to help pay for college, I'm not ambitious like you. I only aspire to be a perfusionist (google it), I hear it's a great profession for slackers and pot heads. Hey, we might actually meet some day if you don't get your anger issues under control. Goodnight Billy Ray

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Not BS, I was never contact by any medical review officer. just employee from lab corp call to say my drug test was positive. And no one asked me about any meds I take before the test. I take Vyvance, I know it's controlled because of hoops I have to jump through to get it every month.
And Billy Ray, you must be exhausted. Takes a lot of energy to be that angry all the time. You should try some yoga, might even be able to kiss your own ass some day.
Well ya then you would fail a test for amphetamines if you didn't tell anyone you took it. You probably failed for the weed you smoked too though. The person who contacted you was probably the MRO whether you realized it or not.

booboo

I just assumed the positive test was from the pot at the party, didn't even occur to me it could be vyvance. Is there someone who I can contact to protest the drug test, or at least find out if it was for a prescribed medication??