Failed 2nd pre-employment screening-on topic

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
Billy boy is the same dude who got all bent out of shape when I said I was having a child with my *girlfriend* (not wife) and basically said I wouldn't be a father.

Bible thumping hillbilly. I hope you aren't this arrogant in real life but I'm sure you are. I would pray for you but I'm not religious. I hope that upsets you

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Since when do employees from Lab Corp call the applicant directly? Test results are normally forwarded to the potential employer who will in turn notify the applicant accordingly.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I worked at UPS as seasonal temp help last christmas during my senior year of high school. I reapplied after graduation for part-time package handler. I was told during the interview I wouldn't need to take another drug test due to previous results. But about a week later I received a call from someone at the interview center, they told me that I did in fact need to take another drug test. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, but this was a week after my graduation and I had smoked pot once at a graduation party, and I was seriously shocked when I failed the test. Does anyone know UPS's policy on this? Is there anyone I can call and talk to?

UPS spent money to test a part time package handler pre employment?
:bsbullf:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Yes, if you are not a driver or operating heavy machinery.
Or around hazardous areas like moving belts.
But probably 50% of P/T UPSers ingest cannabis once a week.

I know you haven't been part time since the 70's, but your 50% number is WAY TO HIGH.........pun intended.

tacken

You our spending a lot of energy on this part time job at UPS. Maybe look other places Costco part time start at $13.00 an hour just a thought .. Good luck

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I worked at UPS as seasonal temp help last christmas during my senior year of high school. I reapplied after graduation for part-time package handler. I was told during the interview I wouldn't need to take another drug test due to previous results. But about a week later I received a call from someone at the interview center, they told me that I did in fact need to take another drug test. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, but this was a week after my graduation and I had smoked pot once at a graduation party, and I was seriously shocked when I failed the test. Does anyone know UPS's policy on this? Is there anyone I can call and talk to?

Obviously, UPS employment is a dead end so look elsewhere.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I smoked and I inhaled. 34 years with UPS and have never been drug tested.
Hospital tried to drug test me once years ago after a rotator cuff injury but my BA put an end to that with a simple phone call. Would have been clean anyways but it was the principle that they cannot test for an injury.

barnyard

KTM rider
If you failed a drug test as a prehire, you have no recourse. UPS found a reason not to hire you. If you find a way to fight it, they will find another reason not to hire you.

Time to move on.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Since when does ups drug test potential SEASONAL employees

According to the story, he was in high school last December and drug tested as a seasonal.
Reapplying during the summer, he again was drug tested.
Either he looks like Spicoli or he wore his Marley t-shirt to his interview.
UPS is throwing money away if they drug tested EVERY seasonal employee.

This must be a very urban area where they have run into problems with new hires.
This is not typical hiring practice for part time help.

Faceplanted

So now at ups.....

U work hard as hell
U get paid crap
No benefits till after 1 year

And now they drug test? That was the last thing ups had going for it, the lack of drug testing. Hope you guys are ready for 275 stops without a helper this peak