fed-ex plane...

drewed

Shankman
Mr Fedex, I agree with you it should be looked at there are 190 some odd of these flying around will they the cert be yanked probably not....UPS could deal with out the MD11 (itd be tough but we could) Fedex relies heavily on their MD11 and although theyve cut back flights drastically in the last couple weeks it would surely cripple their express system

InTheRed

faq9.FedExEwr1.jpg

This is the MD11 that flipped in Newark in 1997, and not the Narita accident. Anyone see any similarities? This is an aircraft that needs to have it's certification yanked until they get it's issues straightened out.

Was this in Newark, NJ? Was it a passenger or cargo plane?

InTheRed

Newark, NJ in 1997. A FedEx MD11 cargo jet. Note the Newark Airport fire rig in the right of the picture.

I saw that in the pic and I thought Newark, NJ before I read your post. I didn't realize this had happened (don't remember it on the news then).

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I saw that in the pic and I thought Newark, NJ before I read your post. I didn't realize this had happened (don't remember it on the news then).

FedEx did their best to keep it out of the media. I had heard they actually painted-out any trace of the logos to avoid further exposure but I can't verify that. We can actually be fired for saying anything to the media, so everyone clams-up after an "incident".

lazydriver

My condolences to the pilot's families. I remember the Newark accident, you could see it from the NJ turnpike. It was left on the tarmac for several days of investigation. I use to have a UPS feeder run that went into the Newark airport and we are right across from the Fedex center there.

Hedley_Lamarr

faq9.FedExEwr1.jpg

This is the MD11 that flipped in Newark in 1997, and not the Narita accident. Anyone see any similarities? This is an aircraft that needs to have it's certification yanked until they get it's issues straightened out.
I was living in Bayonne, NJ at the time of this crash. The south end of Bayonne you can hear Newark Air Port real well. The sound of this crash woke me and my wife up. Thankfully everybody got out of this one alive.....