Fed Ex Worker Dies In Yard Accident

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
*sigh* This families Thanksgiving will never be the same again. OSHA needs to find out what's going on at this facility - pronto. Feel so sad for this family.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Horrible. Prayers go out to him and his family.

My first post got deleted (wonder by whom), in which I said this is tragic, and undoubtedly preventable. Absolutely horrible, and it should cause a thorough investigation of the safety practices at Ground, and particularly at this location. Always work safe, even if you are pressured not to. It isn't worth it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
RIP, very sad.

MrFedex, please, save your aura of negativity and hindsight for another thread. There's plenty to be spread around.

Please spare me the lecture. When someone gets killed on the job, it deeply concerns me and makes me want to do something about it. Sorry, but a bunch of anonymous RIPs etc. do nothing to correct dangerous working conditions. Come on...two people at the same facility?

Why not encourage a thorough investigation so this kind of tragedy doesn't have to fall on another family? Sorry, but I hate to see people hurt or killed on the job. I say confront the lack of safety instead of just expressing regrets. I feel for these people too...I don't want to see it happen again. Bash me for that if you wish.

HomeDelivery

My post got deleted after an ex-Express employee ranted about how crappy Express was...on this thread

i was in the same wavelength as MrFx with the views about poor training at Ground in comparison to UPS/ Express (both yard-warehouse training & driver training)

i recalled saying that the local hub that has 2 Known fatal accidents so far that we know of should be ashamed that they didn't brush-up or improve worker-training to keep them SAFE :deletesmiley2:

MAKAVELI

Please spare me the lecture. When someone gets killed on the job, it deeply concerns me and makes me want to do something about it. Sorry, but a bunch of anonymous RIPs etc. do nothing to correct dangerous working conditions. Come on...two people at the same facility?

Why not encourage a thorough investigation so this kind of tragedy doesn't have to fall on another family? Sorry, but I hate to see people hurt or killed on the job. I say confront the lack of safety instead of just expressing regrets. I feel for these people too...I don't want to see it happen again. Bash me for that if you wish.

I couldn't agree more. One fatality is too many. And if that was a family member of mine, I would want to know exactly what happened and accountability if the company was at fault.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Well, MFE, have you done any follow up research into what happened ? Just how concerned are you?

Almost any type of yard accident is preventable. I'll report back as I get more details. In the meantime, doesn't it concern you that TWO people have died at the same Ground facility within a short period of time? Just another tragic illustration of the way Ground operates...IN AN UNSAFE MANNER. I guess it's OK to kill-off a certain number of employees every year to keep profits high. It all starts from the top, where saving money trumps safety...every time.

bbsam

Staff member
I just remember a fatal accident months ago when you had the Ground driver convicted before the investigation had been concluded. Ever bother to look deeper into that? Of course not.

In this case, I would think some high management would be let.go immediately. Probably ay the district level. But that's not what you want. You want Ground shut down. That won't happen.

MAKAVELI

I just remember a fatal accident months ago when you had the Ground driver convicted before the investigation had been concluded. Ever bother to look deeper into that? Of course not.

In this case, I would think some high management would be let.go immediately. Probably ay the district level. But that's not what you want. You want Ground shut down. That won't happen.
Just how many deaths would it take?