Fed Ex Worker Dies In Yard Accident

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I just remember a fatal accident months ago when you had the Ground driver convicted before the investigation had been concluded. Ever bother to look deeper into that? Of course not.

In this case, I would think some high management would be let.go immediately. Probably ay the district level. But that's not what you want. You want Ground shut down. That won't happen.

When you run a shoddy operation that is focused only on lowering costs, people will get hurt and killed at an increasing rate. Ground's horrible safety record speaks for itself. FedEx will throw someone under the bus for this, and no, they won't be shut down. Ground is the ultimate scam. You must be extremely proud to be part of it.

bbsam

Staff member
I do find it odd that at no point in your 3 posts in this thread did you express even an ounce of compassion toward the two employees who lost their lives.
Nor will I now. Not because there is none but because personally I find it strange. Isn't that the norm, the appropriate feeling to have? What doe it matter to post such an expression on a forum that family members will never see? I don't pray in public or make known my charitable contributions either.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nor will I now. Not because there is none but because personally I find it strange. Isn't that the norm, the appropriate feeling to have? What doe it matter to post such an expression on a forum that family members will never see? I don't pray in public or make known my charitable contributions either.

....and people think I am a cold SOB?

You are right----posting RIP's that none of the family members will ever see makes little to no sense; however, would it really kill you (no pun intended) to say "sorry for your loss", even if you don't really mean it?

I also don't pray in public but do need to remember that charitable contributions are made to benefit the recipient and are not meant to be boasted about.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Odd. I often wonder about what it is that guides you as well.

My moral compass guides me quite well, thank you. The biggest reason I stay at Express is to try and create change and educate those that need a wakeup-call. This incident upsets me, and I will try and do something about it in 2 different ways. One, by calling attention to it on this forum, and two, by writing and/or emailing regulatory agencies that might actually have the power to do something meaningful regarding improving safety. By the way, I agree with you on the anonymous RIPs that nobody will ever see.

bbsam

Staff member
And I agree that something is obviously very wrong and needs to be fixed at that station and safety efforts redoubled. I just don't damn the entire system for it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And I agree that something is obviously very wrong and needs to be fixed at that station and safety efforts redoubled. I just don't damn the entire system for it.

The entire system is a scam, and my guess is that most Ground terminals operate in a similar fashion. Maybe you personally run a safe operation, but overall, I see Ground as a real safety problem. Express is well on it's way to joining Ground as professionalism continues to drop and the push for productivity is increased.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I just remember a fatal accident months ago when you had the Ground driver convicted before the investigation had been concluded. Ever bother to look deeper into that? Of course not.

In this case, I would think some high management would be let.go immediately. Probably ay the district level. But that's not what you want. You want Ground shut down. That won't happen.
Seems to me that you're downright embarrased that this happened at a Ground facility. These are terrible accidents that affect many people. Someone needs to be held accountable for these accidents in no uncertain terms.

Ground runs their operations slipshod and half-assed and I hope OSHA does something to correct this.

Maybe you better do something starting with your own station instead giving priority to your personal interests.

bbsam

Staff member
The entire system is a scam, and my guess is that most Ground terminals operate in a similar fashion. Maybe you personally run a safe operation, but overall, I see Ground as a real safety problem. Express is well on it's way to joining Ground as professionalism continues to drop and the push for productivity is increased.
You may be right, but then again, you may have ulterior motives.

bbsam

Staff member
bbsam is a contractor----why should he be concerned beyond that which affects his part of the operation?
I care at a business level. We are all interconnected and these safety failures can't continue. Cactus and MFE don't think Ground can fix it. I know differently.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I care at a business level. We are all interconnected and these safety failures can't continue. Cactus and MFE don't think Ground can fix it. I know differently.

You do have to admit that two fatalities in the same facility would tell the casual observer that there are some serious safety defects and/or slipshod operating procedures in place and that this situation must be addressed immediately.

bbsam

Staff member
You do have to admit that two fatalities in the same facility would tell the casual observer that there are some serious safety defects and/or slipshod operating procedures in place and that this situation must be addressed immediately.
yes...but that is separate from the Ground bashing that I think is really going on. Too many here would just as soon burn Ground to the Ground as see it run more safely.