FedEx 90 day policy

SmithBarney

what 90 day policy? It use to be you would lose your position but not your job,
you would become displaced after 90, and it's 45 days now...

The article doesn't give enough information, all they say is that his position was eliminated,
but never said he was fired.. he was offered a P/T position, probably should have been friend/T but who knows.

MAKAVELI

what 90 day policy? It use to be you would lose your position but not your job,
you would become displaced after 90, and it's 45 days now...

The article doesn't give enough information, all they say is that his position was eliminated,
but never said he was fired.. he was offered a P/T position, probably should have been friend/T but who knows.
The article states that they offered him a part-time position which he refused because he needed a full-time job. I always thought that this policy was punitive towards employees who get hurt on the job. I'm glad somebody decided to fight it and won. And now sets a precedent in CA for future lawsuits.

MAKAVELI

As far as I know, it's now a 45 day policy.
Like I said 45 days to loose your route. But if you return before 90 they have to offer a route with the same schedule. 90 days and they can displace you. That has not changed, unless CA has a different policy then everyone else.

overflowed

Like I said 45 days to loose your route. But if you return before 90 they have to offer a route with the same schedule. 90 days and they can displace you. That has not changed, unless CA has a different policy then everyone else.
Yes , Cali people have brass ones. They absolutely have different policies for different states or areas, even if they don't put it in a manual.

MAKAVELI

Yes , Cali people have brass ones. They absolutely have different policies for different states or areas, even if they don't put it in a manual.
Well I feel even more sorry for those who are displaced after 45 in other states. That's real friend....d up.

overflowed

Well I feel even more sorry for those who are displaced after 45 in other states. That's real friend....d up.
It's laws, either state or city. Not saying the policy is any different. It's how management at the particular stations act on said policy. You have said your from the bay. So you should already know how different it can be unless you haven't been anywhere else.

MAKAVELI

It's laws, either state or city. Not saying the policy is any different. It's how management at the particular stations act on said policy. You have said your from the bay. So you should already know how different it can be unless you haven't been anywhere else.
Never said I was from the Bay , but I'm familiar with CA labor law and to my knowledge it does not state you have 90 days after an injury to return to work with no restrictions. As this lawsuit shows, FedEx's policy does not follow CA WC laws.