Fedex careers?

quadro

Yeah,
I don't know why anyone on here keeps saying "FDX has a no lay-off policy".
Weren't there like 1,700 admin type people layed off 2 yrs. ago?
I personally know, in my area, every sta. eliminated at least one ops. mgr. position. And, were not really given the chance at a CRR position. Some of them did (luckily) get CRR positions but, that was just luck.

So, I say, there is no such thing as "FDX has a no lay-off policy".

Before those layoffs hit Fred S said that FedEx doesn't have a no-layoff policy but rather a no-layoff philosophy. So everything's on the table anymore.
FedEx Express has never had a no-layoff policy, it has always been a philosophy so Fred saying it a couple of years ago wasn't anything new. There weren't any layoffs at Express. The ops managers, admins, etc whose positions were cut were all offered other jobs. Whether they chose to take them is another issue. I think many jobs offered weren't geographically close but those were all the open jobs. If you remember back to when this happened, there was nothing posted in JCATS for a period of time. Can't remember how long but it was to allow all those employees first shot at what was open.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
FedEx Express has never had a no-layoff policy, it has always been a philosophy so Fred saying it a couple of years ago wasn't anything new. There weren't any layoffs at Express. The ops managers, admins, etc whose positions were cut were all offered other jobs. Whether they chose to take them is another issue. I think many jobs offered weren't geographically close but those were all the open jobs. If you remember back to when this happened, there was nothing posted in JCATS for a period of time. Can't remember how long but it was to allow all those employees first shot at what was open.

They were defacto layoffs. If you were offered a crap job somewhere in the system as a handler or a courier when you were in management, it's pretty much the same as a kiss-off.

LTFedExer

There's so many people in and out the door these days I stopped learning new people's names. Can't keep up with that kind of turnover pace.
Happens more in a large metro area (NY, Chicago, etc) where jobs are easier (not necessarily easy though) to find.
Odd. We don't see alot of turn-over in our building.
Same here or my last station. My 1st station, that's another story.
There were numerous administrative personnel who were let go.
Imagine offering a courier position to one of the engineers that sets the goals, CBP, boundaries, etc. Makes me all warm and fuzzy.
Yeah,
I don't know why anyone on here keeps saying "FDX has a no lay-off policy".
Weren't there like 1,700 admin type people layed off 2 yrs. ago?
I personally know, in my area, every sta. eliminated at least one ops. mgr. position. And, were not really given the chance at a CRR position. Some of them did (luckily) get CRR positions but, that was just luck.

So, I say, there is no such thing as "FDX has a no lay-off policy".
There may not be a 'no layoff policy' in writing. But, any departments that were collapsed, those employees were given 1st shot at any open positions.
They were defacto layoffs. If you were offered a crap job somewhere in the system as a handler or a courier when you were in management, it's pretty much the same as a kiss-off.
You might also have to move to another city if you decided to stay with the company.

vantexan

Since we can't get a vote for a union going, I'm looking forward to the day FedEx eliminates Express and offers current employees the chance to work for an ISP. We'll see then how many stay and how many vote with their feet. Of course they probably won't eliminate Express completely but if ever faced with that choice there will be a mass exodus.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Americans don't think that way. If your manager came to you and said you weren't going on the road and you were going to paint the break room, you would thing he lost his marbles.

No I'd ask him "what color?"

Before those layoffs hit Fred S said that FedEx doesn't have a no-layoff policy but rather a no-layoff philosophy. So everything's on the table anymore.

Talk about changing horses.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I'm looking forward to the day FedEx eliminates Express
Ever since this silly 2 day AM serv. something tells me that Express is only going to be doing overnight and 2 day service in the future. They will eliminate Express Saver service and push that over to ground. Heck, if someone is sending something XS, they don't really care when it gets there.

Hmm a lot of info in this thread. Ive got a new question though. Do you guys know anything about pure home delivery buildings? No ground or anything, just HD for itself. One is moving closer to me then the ground hub where i work at. If i go to work there instead of where i currently am, will the pay be the same? same oppurutunity for advancement, more/less hours? any info is helpful, thanks

HomeDelivery

Hmm a lot of info in this thread. Ive got a new question though. Do you guys know anything about pure home delivery buildings? No ground or anything, just HD for itself. One is moving closer to me then the ground hub where i work at. If i go to work there instead of where i currently am, will the pay be the same? same oppurutunity for advancement, more/less hours? any info is helpful, thanks

just as a package handler?... it's easier than Ground's warehouse operations

you sort by just placing the boxes of the appropriate route # onto a plastic pallet or area on the floor

vs. pre-loading the delivery vehicles ala UPS style at Ground

proportionately less overall volume than Ground as well

HD only deals w/ ORM-Ds vs various Ground's HazMat procedures...

​others will chime in on your inquiry

similar in pay since you're still a Ground Employee at either opco