Fedex Driver Falls Asleep & Swerves Into Oncoming Traffic

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
and the driver is thinking "gee, I wonder if anyone noticed that?"

This could become a weekly TV series.

It will be fine

thing is the contractor probably made him go out like that or is over working him.
Drivers are responsible for showing up to work rested/sober. Assuming the contractor is over working him is just dumb. Who knows what he looked like when he was at terminal in the morning? Driving impaired is the driver's fault, stop trying to pass the blame.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
i have fallen asleep at the wheel in the middle of the day even after a good nite's sleep. and there have been other times where i only got 3 hrs sleep and worked wide awake all night.

i think it has to do with the total effect over the course of time. if you are not getting enough sleep over a longer period of time it eventually catches up with you even if you had proper rest for a day or two.

this is one reason night-time truck drivers die sooner than normal daylight workers. sleep deprivation is almost as bad as heart disease.

fatboy33

Drivers are responsible for showing up to work rested/sober. Assuming the contractor is over working him is just dumb. Who knows what he looked like when he was at terminal in the morning? Driving impaired is the driver's fault, stop trying to pass the blame.
Some would debate the validity of using a sick day for waking up still drunk but it's in the best interest of the driver, and everyone one sharing the road with him/her, to call in sick. St Patrick's day is around the corner and I'd rather have my manager tell up to absorb an open, sick call, route than have that courier come in and run someone over. Now if he had already used up his days then his reliability is another issue. Being the wheel drunk in a company vehicle is stupid and would make the public question everyone of us.