FedEx Ground and it's excellent customer service

MAKAVELI

Then I turn the charm up to 11 and sell CDO to the customer.
"You can designate a delivery window for a small fee..."
Which I'm sure the drivers love. But since the contractors are independent they can just deny the appointment and del it when they please.;)

Last edited:

CJinx

Which I'm sure the drivers love. But since the contractors are independent they can just deny the appointment and del it when they please.;)
Then it goes out of my hands as management gets involved because premium services are contractual. It's much easier to work with than against.

MAKAVELI

Then it goes out of my hands as management gets involved because premium services are contractual. It's much easier to work with than against.
Premium services means control. As in directing work hours. As in an employer/ employee relationship.

Overpaid Union Thug

It's hard to believe FedEx (all of them) are even our competition. We must REALLY, REALLY, REALLY be slipping. To think that these thuggish drivers with their sagging pants, cell phones glued to their ears, trucks that are falling apart (and left running and unattended at each and every delivery), and their routes that they can barely get all of their commercial stops off in time, are the same companies that are taking work away from UPS is disturbing.

bbsam

Staff member
It's hard to believe FedEx (all of them) are even our competition. We must REALLY, REALLY, REALLY be slipping. To think that these thuggish drivers with their sagging pants, cell phones glued to their ears, trucks that are falling apart (and left running and unattended at each and every delivery), and their routes that they can barely get all of their commercial stops off in time, are the same companies that are taking work away from UPS is disturbing.
So that's what you see when you look at us. Now look in the mirror and what do you see?

P

prodriver

Must be doing a lot right that tunnel vision can't see cause we are growing at a double digit pace, at HD/ground combined that would be a lot of market share. I've seen more unethical things from ups drivers the last two years than previous 13 combined. Seen two drivers on phone last week that is a common occurrence with upsets now days.

Overpaid Union Thug

So that's what you see when you look at us. Now look in the mirror and what do you see?

When I look in the mirror I see a professional driver that is clean shaven and wearing the uniformed properly (correct size and shorts/pants pulled up), and doesn't have a cell phone or bluetooth device glued to my year. The complete opposite of the typical FedEx Ground/Home Delivery "contractor."

MAKAVELI

If you fail a premium service that would be comparable to a code violation for a contracted electrician.
That's about the most absurd analogy I've heard regarding your so called contractor status. Building codes are not premium services, they are required in every building by any licensed contractor to adhere to, regulated by government agencies. Talk about apples to oranges.

bbsam

Staff member
When I look in the mirror I see a professional driver that is clean shaven and wearing the uniformed properly (correct size and shorts/pants pulled up), and doesn't have a cell phone or bluetooth device glued to my year. The complete opposite of the typical FedEx Ground/Home Delivery "contractor."
I mean as a company. If we as the competition are as bad as you say, what is going on with UPS? UPS was blind to RPS for years. Can they afford to remain blind to honest self examination?

Overpaid Union Thug

Must be doing a lot right that tunnel vision can't see cause we are growing at a double digit pace, at HD/ground combined that would be a lot of market share. I've seen more unethical things from ups drivers the last two years than previous 13 combined. Seen two drivers on phone last week that is a common occurrence with upsets now days.

In my area....I will go ahead and say the whole state.....the typical UPS driver, their equipment, and the service they provide are still way beyond what the typical RPS driver dishes out. And 99% of the customers that's ever brought this subject up with me says the same thing. The RPS...uh....FedEx Ground method of cutting into UPSs volume by undercutting them on large accounts and barely making a profit combined with UPS management's gross overemphasis on metrics is what's allowing RPS to grow. When, or if, corporate UPS get's their act together UPS can easily kick RPS back into obscurity where they came from and belong.

bbsam

Staff member
In my area....I will go ahead and say the whole state.....the typical UPS driver, their equipment, and the service they provide are still way beyond what the typical RPS driver dishes out. And 99% of the customers that's ever brought this subject up with me says the same thing. The RPS...uh....FedEx Ground method of cutting into UPSs volume by undercutting them on large accounts and barely making a profit combined with UPS management's gross overemphasis on metrics is what's allowing RPS to grow. When, or if, corporate UPS get's their act together UPS can easily kick RPS back into obscurity where they came from and belong.
It seems healthy self examination of the company is still a long ways off.

P

prodriver

Hardly anyone knows who RPS was any longer just people that have been in business along time, I've seen service percentages from both companies at a pickup we was competing for it was very competitive. We say the same thing about ups low balling.

Overpaid Union Thug

It seems healthy self examination of the company is still a long ways off.

As someone that has worked for both companies and has interacted with countless customers and RPS drivers regarding this issue, as well as the fact that I pay close attention to my competition, I can definitely say I have had more than my fair share of healthy examination of RPS. It's my superiors in Atlanta that are too blinded to go for the proverbial jugular.

bbsam

Staff member
I was talking of your examination of UPS. They still don't have a contract ratified, UPS has become the company "buying" business, and your transit times lag behind.