Fedex ground issues

Fedex1987!

Does the contractor not have a set of “guaranteed” runs? I was wondering how it worked over there.
They do have dedicated runs unassigned and wild. Non dedicated seem to be having trouble in socal atleast. That’s what I was hoping to find out if anyone else in the area was experiencing the same problems.

bacha29

Thank you for your opinion very informative.
With all the horror stories, the problems associated with so called "restructuring, contractors dumping and jumping , boxes getting dumped over the guardrails and into ravines, then if you are a image conscious company in need of consistent reliable positive appearing shipping then given all the more difference in price why would you not go with the clearly better opinion in UPS?

It will be fine

They do have dedicated runs unassigned and wild. Non dedicated seem to be having trouble in socal atleast. That’s what I was hoping to find out if anyone else in the area was experiencing the same problems.
This is the time of year FedEx starts to bring in outside power for peak. They’ll give runs to the outside guys first to keep them around for when they need them. The regular contractors get screwed. This could be what you’re seeing on top of the overall downturn in freight.

Fedex1987!

This is the time of year FedEx starts to bring in outside power for peak. They’ll give runs to the outside guys first to keep them around for when they need them. The regular contractors get screwed. This could be what you’re seeing on top of the overall downturn in freight.
I’ve been worried about that hoping those were rumors but it seems apparent that’s what’s happening. Peak season starts picking up now so hopefully it stops.

zeev

Does Freight take these Ground runs, freight drivers told me they would Pull Ground trailers to keep people working. Typical FedEx to screw the contractors in order to keep their drivers busy.

It will be fine

Does Freight take these Ground runs, freight drivers told me they would Pull Ground trailers to keep people working. Typical FedEx to screw the contractors in order to keep their drivers busy.
Yes. One of the pushes for network 2.0 was having Freight collaborate with Ground to help reduce deadhead miles. I’m sure they are implementing some of that already.