FedEx Town Hall

quadro

Anything to discredit me, huh? My point is that FedEx is carefully adjusting the "audience" to show how absolutely culturally diverse and wonderful they are. It's completely phony, just like the Diversity Appeal publication. It's all about appearances and "selling" the idea that FedEx embraces diversity. Numerous lawsuits say otherwise.

I'm Caucasian, but my wife is not and neither are my kids. Is your household that diverse? Stick your "xenophobic" tag where it belongs. Make sure it doesn't get jammed up there, OK? What an absolute jerk.
I don't have to do anything to discredit you. You do a fine job of it yourself. You have no idea how and why the audience was selected unless you were there when it was selected. Your hypothesis is very demeaning to the minorities that are in the audience.

Each one of us deals with the consequences of upper managements decisions and actions on a daily basis. We are part of what happens and generally have a basis of fact to support our position of whether or not things are good or bad. You have absolutely no basis of fact or credible evidence to support your theory that the people in the audience were plants. Without credible evidence, when you just throw crap at the wall to see what sticks, you lower your credibility. You didn't even need to bring the race issue up to make your point so the fact that you did speaks volumes about you. Just because your wife and kids are not Caucasian doesn't mean you don't have a bias.

You missed the point, which is that this is a completely artificial "audience". While you're ironing your robe and hood for tonight's ride through Shelby County, consider how utterly fake this production will seem to you when you actually view it. You're making commentary on something you know nothing about, which is very typical behavior.
Again, very demeaning to those people in the audience. I'm sure they'd be more than a little upset that you just see them as "the token Black" or "the token Asian", especially when you really don't have any evidence to support that.

And as usual you resort to ad hominem arguements. However, to quote you "You're making commentary on something you know nothing about" as in you know nothing about how the audience was selected. I know you think you do but you don't. The reason I can be sure of this is that you wouldn't be criticizing the makeup of the audience if you personally selected it. As you are criticizing it, you must not have been part of the selection process and therefore you don't know how it was selected.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I don't have to do anything to discredit you. You do a fine job of it yourself. You have no idea how and why the audience was selected unless you were there when it was selected. Your hypothesis is very demeaning to the minorities that are in the audience.

Each one of us deals with the consequences of upper managements decisions and actions on a daily basis. We are part of what happens and generally have a basis of fact to support our position of whether or not things are good or bad. You have absolutely no basis of fact or credible evidence to support your theory that the people in the audience were plants. Without credible evidence, when you just throw crap at the wall to see what sticks, you lower your credibility. You didn't even need to bring the race issue up to make your point so the fact that you did speaks volumes about you. Just because your wife and kids are not Caucasian doesn't mean you don't have a bias.

Again, very demeaning to those people in the audience. I'm sure they'd be more than a little upset that you just see them as "the token Black" or "the token Asian", especially when you really don't have any evidence to support that.

And as usual you resort to ad hominem arguements. However, to quote you "You're making commentary on something you know nothing about" as in you know nothing about how the audience was selected. I know you think you do but you don't. The reason I can be sure of this is that you wouldn't be criticizing the makeup of the audience if you personally selected it. As you are criticizing it, you must not have been part of the selection process and therefore you don't know how it was selected.

Here's some reality for you, so stop your "spinning" for a second and pay attention. Fact: FedEx has lost numerous discrimination suits, and ever since the $51m Black/Latino management settlement in CA, FedEx has been doing everything possible to show how "diverse" they are. This is where the "Diversity Appeal" publication came from, and it only exists to show everyone that FedEx has learned it's lesson. Ever read it? It's probably the most PC rag you've ever seen, but it will probably help FedEx avoid more lawsuits in the future. Fred probably views this investment as worthwhile.

"Demeaning to those people in the audience"? Huh? What's really demeaning is that FedEx trots-out a rainbow "audience" that supposedly shows a true cross-section of FedEx Express. Funny how a random sample of "questions" came from such a perfectly-balanced group of employees, or doesn't your critical mind pick-up on this obvious anomaly? This is why it has to be fake. There's no way statistically that you would achieve that particular blending of employees. In my 25+ years with this company I've seen exactly one person of East Indian heritage, yet there are several in the Town Hall. There aren't many Asians who work at FedEx either, so the large number in the audience is very likely a misrepresentation. In other words, FedEx is demeaning minorities by over-representing them in this production, and under-representing Caucasians.

Anyone who has ever taken a statistics course would quickly determine that this is not a random sample of the FedEx employee population, especially if you consider that they are supposedly there to have their questions answered (but not verbatim).Of all employees who were picked, this group just happens to be ethnically balanced.Hmm. You don't need to be Mr. Spock to see the illogic of this "audience" Fake, Phony, Fraud, and set-up all the way. Canned like SPAM, and served-up with a couple of cheesy "hosts" who have a definite agenda to spread with their media shovel.

My "bias" is against corporate suck-ups, not minorities. An audience full of "tokens" is not only an insult to minorities, but a gross underestimation of the average employee's intelligence.

vantexan

We've heard that song before from both you and MFE.

You are such an American! Have to have everything right away! Don't you realize MFE is never going away? ;)

Guarantee you that if you are standing in my way the day I decide to leave you'll have shoe prints on your scalp. And I won't be hemming and hawing about whether to leave or not.

bbsam

Staff member
You are such an American! Have to have everything right away! Don't you realize MFE is never going away? ;)

Guarantee you that if you are standing in my way the day I decide to leave you'll have shoe prints on your scalp. And I won't be hemming and hawing about whether to leave or not.

I realize it. I'm not sure they do.

FedExer267

Damn van your nicer than me old bbsam would have tire marks on his head if was standing in my way....LOL

FedExer267

Why would I stand in your way? I'd probably be at the golf course or car dealership.

Ya probally, thats how you guys role, indulge yourselves while your guys are out there busting there butts for chump wages and food stamps. I hope you have atleast a decent golf game but if you ever want to play for money give me a call...:peaceful:

bbsam

Staff member
If you are old enough to retire, even moreso why would I stand in your way? I'd probably be helping you out the door with a gift basket of shuffle-board goodies.

bbsam

Staff member
Ya probally, thats how you guys role, indulge yourselves while your guys are out there busting there butts for chump wages and food stamps. I hope you have atleast a decent golf game but if you ever want to play for money give me a call...:peaceful:
Of course I'd play for money. I wouldn't even expect to win. I'd throw the money away for one reason and one reason only: because I can.:happy-very:

FedExer267

I will take it GLADLY!!!! Thats what cracks me up Contractors throw away money because they can but it never seems to occur to them to throw their money away on the ones who make them that money. I guess as long as you have that money you have no problem with hard working Americans with real jobs subsidizing your work force. That right there is whats wrong with this scam sam

bbsam

Staff member
That's a very sophomoric way of looking at things. It's "everybody else's fault" again isn't it? "If only they would all do as I say." I know you believe highly in your worth, but did it ever occur to you that maybe your contractor doesn't share that same view of you? Maybe he's more than content to see you go just as soon as that old job of yours finally calls you back for good. Maybe he's "just not that into you".

vantexan

Maybe he's "just not that into you".

Yes it's the employee's fault he's getting exploited. Everyone knows that contractors pay good money and manage to come up with benefits for their drivers they like. If a driver gets lousy pay, long hrs, and no benefits he should be thankful because his contractor is allowing him to work for him inspite the fact that he's "just not that into you."

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
That's a very sophomoric way of looking at things. It's "everybody else's fault" again isn't it? "If only they would all do as I say." I know you believe highly in your worth, but did it ever occur to you that maybe your contractor doesn't share that same view of you? Maybe he's more than content to see you go just as soon as that old job of yours finally calls you back for good. Maybe he's "just not that into you".

You're spitting in the wind Scam.

You'll realize that when the day comes when Fred and MT3 decide they're "just not that into you" either.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You're spitting in the wind Scam.

You'll realize that when the day comes when Fred and MT3 decide they're "just not that into you" either.

So true. It's totally within the realm of possibility that someday soon, Ground will no longer be the darling of FedEx.