FedEx uniforms on eBay

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I am sad you have not experienced positive human interactions while delivering. Your experience is more of an exception than a rule.

Last year, a UPS driver was caught up in workplace violence at a stop and killed by a gun. The loss left a huge hole in the daily experience with random consignee's that recognized their driver's face but didn't know his name.

In our delivery world, we, all delivery drivers, have more positive interactions than negative.
We wear uniforms.
We are a symbol of normality in communities devastated by weather events.
We are trusted and held to higher standards.

This isn't Kool-Aid....

Your tome might ring true at UPS, but not at FedEx. You over at Brown have no idea what's happening over here and how damned good you have it in comparison to us. Walk a lile in our moccasins and you'll singing a different tune.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Been awhile since we've seen that, huh?

It should read now " A greedy CEO made this check much smaller than you thought possible."

Yup,
Got a big fat dose of just how horrible our health insurance is currently.
They want $2,500 out of my pocket for a deductible before bennes kick in.
Guess what? I declined it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yup,
Got a big fat dose of just how horrible our health insurance is currently.
They want $2,500 out of my pocket for a deductible before bennes kick in.
Guess what? I declined it.

Which is exactly what they want. Now they will pay zero for anything that happens to you. Fred will sell you a rabbit's paw for $2,501 (he has to make that extra $1 profit).

cynic

It's about public trust and safety. A "trade uniform" (such as FedEx or UPS) can gain access virtually anywhere without a second glance, it's trusted. I do not know if it's illegal to wear them if you're not an employee/contractor to a company but I have a feeling if caught there'd be a long conversation with the police possibly including the FBI. Little kids open the door, security guards buzz into (commercially) secure facilities.