Fedex vs UPS,who's better to work for?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Why you got a G.I Joe hanging up?
It's a keychain trinket... my home away from home so I can do whatever I want and drive the boxtruck straight home when done with my rural route.

I'm guessing he's also in a rural area to be in a Nissan gas sucking cargo van

cosis

I will pick my envelope to deliver using my truck with A/C over the UPS guy with a dolly of 10 boxes and a fan that looked like it was pulled out of a Packard Bell

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I will pick my envelope to deliver using my truck with A/C over the UPS guy with a dolly of 10 boxes and a fan that looked like it was pulled out of a Packard Bell
Keep your envelope. I’ll take my pension, house, vacations, and healthcare, along with some expensive ass IPAs, all while working three or four days a week.

Mind your business.
tenor (8).gif

Zowert

I was a public high school teacher before coming to UPS. I delivered packages through an Amazon contractor during my summers off. I looked into FedEx but luckily ended up here. I’m making more money now after one year at UPS than I did as an educator. Once I reach top rate I’ll be making 2.5x what the city paid me to stand in front of a class full of 16 years olds that don’t give :censored2:.

Maplewood

This forum originally was meant for upsers to vent and exchange thoughts.
Recently there has been a deluge of pissed off Fedexers in here complaining
about production standards and the stuff we have put up with for years.
Who would you rather work for and why?
Whos better to retire from? In the Western Region its definatley UPS.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Work for Amazon. Bezor just bought multiple de-commissioned battleships and an aircraft carrier. I heard the guys driving those will be starting out at $16/hr!

MAKAVELI

I was a public high school teacher before coming to UPS. I delivered packages through an Amazon contractor during my summers off. I looked into FedEx but luckily ended up here. I’m making more money now after one year at UPS than I did as an educator. Once I reach top rate I’ll be making 2.5x what the city paid me to stand in front of a class full of 16 years olds that don’t give :censored2:.
They probably didn't give a :censored2: because they knew you didn't either.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This forum originally was meant for upsers to vent and exchange thoughts.
Recently there has been a deluge of :censored2: off Fedexers in here complaining
about production standards and the stuff we have put up with for years.
Who would you rather work for and why?
You can run-gun way better at FedEx.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
In a good market, and a high level of education, teachers pay blows UPS pay out of the water. My mother was making $10/hr more than a top rate driver in 2013 when she retired.

JG3

despite FedEx supposedly being more management-friendly, i enjoy UPS and dont mind all the Teamsters bull

UPS could be a little pickier in who we hire to wean out the slackers and losers, but otherwise it's nice to be able to put up your hands and tell your boss you can't hassle some worker anymore because you'll get grieved
especially when you're the one suggesting that worker grieve so you won't have to hassle him

:wink2:
If that was only true though ups has a lot of slackers

JG3

Look at the PROFIT$ UP$ is bringing in. You just can't say management doesn't know what they're doing.
That’s the cooperation doing their job. Management is a different story because there’s many all over the world some are good some are bad.

Csdsm18

I'm a FedEx Express employee driving the tractor trailers been doing it for a year now before that was a courier for 4yrs. Yes I would totally say our work is alot less then ups n totally shows on our paychecks. They try not let us go over 8hrs cutting out OT. Also we have a new pay scale system which still takes forever to top out, but when I do top it's only 32.25hr. All in all I enjoy my work, love my new position as a tractor trailer driver now plus I get OT doing it, downside is working overnight tho. Both companies have there pros and cons.

MassWineGuy

Ups is superior in every way to fed ex. We are the best

Probably true for your location. It depends completely on where you work and who your managers are.

I worked many peaks with UPS, including as a seasonal driver. I’ve worked for Fedex Express for 4 1/2 years. Very important to differentiate Express from Ground or Home. Very different operations with a big variation in drivers, from lazy to anything to get the job done.

I would love to earn what UPS drivers get and be represented by a union, even if it is the Teamsters. But FedEx is, to me, better beyond comparison.

Sups are not berating and insulting you all the time. We work hard, but don’t have 350 stops crammed into our trucks during peak so you return to the center at 11 pm and clock in at 7:30 the next morning.

When I was a driver I had to pay an obscenely high initiation fee plus dues to the union even though I wasn’t protected or covered by the contract in any way. Greedy, gouging and wrong. Not to mention that the local concerned has a long history of its officers either being jailed or murdered. Random events, I’m sure.

The UPS benefits are the best. But I am happy to go work, generally enjoy the day and, when I do retire, I won’t be ailing from ulcers and other stress-caused diseases working for UPS gives you as an added benefit. Yes, Express suffers from corporate b.s. like any major company. But much less than yours.

I’ll raise my steel umbrella now.